PDA

View Full Version : Motor factors are useless

Iain
31-07-14, 04:22 PM
Ordered in two exhaust sleeves from SDL Minorfern on Saturday, one arrived at their branch on Monday and had to wait until Wednesday for them to find the second one, after multiple phonecalls and them not knowing what I was talking about every single time. Then leaving my number and not receiving a call that it was in finally...

Also yesterday after work (4pm) drove to EuroCarParts and GSF in rush hour (1.5 hour round trip in the end) in a hot overheating track Nova to collect a thermostat gasket and a coolant level sensor ordered earlier that day, only to find both of them hadn't actually got them in despite promises of them in for that afternoon. Yes it was late notice, but don't bloody take the order and promise they'll be there if it's not possible.

Useless idiots, all of them, long live mail order next day delivery car parts.

craig green
31-07-14, 05:07 PM
Sounds like it's the personnel rather than the specific trade.

In my years messing with cars I have come to the conclusion (& quoted it many times verbally) to never trust time estimates or promises from anyone in the motor trade.

I've been let down far too many times by promises & deadlines. If it can go wrong or take longer, it will.
I would much rather deal in person than online/via a courier deleivery.

Novasport
31-07-14, 05:13 PM
Try CES next time, there is one in Derby. We use them daily and usually get good service and keep most things in stock.
We have started using one of the ones mentioned above, a very large outfit and so far they are not very good!

Iain
31-07-14, 05:35 PM
I can understand occasional issues but twice in one day and that traffic in an inappropriate car made me fuming! They need to keep you informed if it's that bad timescale wise tbh.

Will check ces thanks only got a Sutton nearby.

turbojolt
31-07-14, 06:15 PM
Ive used sdl about 4/5 times with no issues but gsf are pants. and no one in the store can give a straight answer as to why stuff is cheaper online then at the store

Alex J
31-07-14, 07:48 PM
I use motex and euros, never had any problems, but then again, theres no traffic round here, or if im lazy i order for next day delivery!

Andy
31-07-14, 08:08 PM
Tbh,I hate trusting ANYBODY to sort me out

HarryNotts
31-07-14, 08:28 PM
I don't know where abouts you are in the East Midlands Iain, but Davmac Spares at Sutton in Ashfield (01623 550744) have always been pretty good at getting mechanical stuff for my car.

jimbob-mcgrew
31-07-14, 09:14 PM
touch wood, euro car parts has been good to me for the last 6-12 months, but 2-4 years ago, i had problem after problem, almost every time for almost 2 whole years, with not just one store, but multiple stores all over the south east.

it was all a bit much for me at the time. i nearly threw in the towel, and went on an AK47 crystal meth rampage

burgo
31-07-14, 10:36 PM
All depends who's behind the counter. I'm extremely lucky that I've known the chaps now working at my eurocarparts for the past 10 years and they are very good at their job and do go out of their way to help me out

mowgli
31-07-14, 10:39 PM
sadly, too many people get jobs behind parts counters because they couldn't make it as mechanics... I just walk into my local one & ask them to get the parts books out.. its less trouble, especially with nova bits

Benn
01-08-14, 12:57 PM
Carefull with CES, some times they push the price right up.

Sounds like you lot need to use my place, we give much better service.

mk1nova_rich
01-08-14, 01:03 PM
I find Andrew Pages to be very good

Southie
01-08-14, 02:03 PM
I find Andrew Pages to be very good
lol Your joking Rich surely, I see cockups all the time from them when one of my mates is ordering parts for his garage.

Andy
01-08-14, 02:19 PM
pages are dear.
eurotrash are ars3 too

Rab
01-08-14, 02:31 PM
Carefull with CES, some times they push the price right up.

Sounds like you lot need to use my place, we give much better service.

Everytime you use a motor factor you get the wrong parts! Especially brakes
where you work Benn?

Benn
01-08-14, 05:50 PM
Use a better one or give them better info.

I work for SES Autoparts, sadly for you we're only based in the south.

Kev Turbo
01-08-14, 05:54 PM
Generally some guy / girl behind the counter with a huge parts book and no previous experience in the motor trade hence the amount of fails.

Benn
01-08-14, 05:57 PM
Very true^

Euro's get a huge turn around in staff as they treat them like shi*e and are very very pressured.

steve1434
01-08-14, 07:11 PM
Had a few fails with euro recently, and its considerably cheaper online than over the counter - many times I have gone to collect to find it is a tenner or more expensive than their website - I end up doing a click and collect on my phone at the counter!!!

I have found that even with a part number some parts places can't help unless you have a vehicle reg, had to google pics of old astra gte 16v to get a reg

Edd
01-08-14, 09:58 PM
All the crap about having a reg number at factors fcuks me off

tom reid
02-08-14, 10:53 AM
Euro crap parts, enough said.

Lee H
02-08-14, 11:14 AM
Same experience with Euro, won't bother again.

Reserved online, came up as in stock, followed it up with a phone call to confirm, followed by someone different also ringing me back to let me know my parts were waiting. Drove down (40 min round trip) to be told they didn't have the parts after all.

scott.parker
02-08-14, 11:24 AM
Luckily for me a local factors called Leamoco are brilliant, I know the guys who work there, there all either seriously into cars and have awesome cars they built them self, one guy used to be my mechanic I use to use until he folded in the recession.
And I'm not sure why but we're lucky for a small town to also have a jetex exhaust outlet too, so next time I'm making my own exhaust..

turbojolt
02-08-14, 12:21 PM
The reg system is sound you think for a second the majority of there customers hav cars with parts from other models. Behave lol

Benn
03-08-14, 10:25 AM
All the crap about having a reg number at factors fcuks me off

Trust me, for us it makes life so much easier, online look up saves hours of pissing about flicking though out of date books....

mowgli
03-08-14, 11:04 AM
the problem here is that 99.9% of all cars in the uk are not modified, and thus the reg no. database thing is usually correct..

why should a bloke in a motor factors know exactly what some lad has bolted into his badly made Spanish rustbucket?
it really isn't difficult to find out what stuff has been fitted to a nova, especially if it was you who fitted it

Benn
04-08-14, 08:48 AM
The reg system is sound you think for a second the majority of there customers hav cars with parts from other models. Behave lol

Don't be so f**king lazy. At most you'll have one car stuffs come from. (ie: cav) finding a Cav reg would take you 15sec.
I use a Cav reg when sorting bits out, why? Cause it makes life sooooo much easier. Why anyone else can't is beyond me. Well no it isn't, it's just that people are to stupid and lazy.... "I want some one else to do all the work for me" like in every part of life.... THis is why all the Polish and such come over here....

Benn
04-08-14, 08:51 AM
the problem here is that 99.9% of all cars in the uk are not modified, and thus the reg no. database thing is usually correct..

why should a bloke in a motor factors know exactly what some lad has bolted into his badly made Spanish rustbucket?
it really isn't difficult to find out what stuff has been fitted to a nova, especially if it was you who fitted it

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to mowgli again.

This.

Iain
04-08-14, 09:07 AM
Don't be so f**king lazy. At most you'll have one car stuffs come from. (ie: cav) finding a Cav reg would take you 15sec.
I use a Cav reg when sorting bits out, why? Cause it makes life sooooo much easier. Why anyone else can't is beyond me. Well no it isn't, it's just that people are to stupid and lazy.... "I want some one else to do all the work for me" like in every part of life.... THis is why all the Polish and such come over here....

This rant is completely unnecessary as Turbojolt was pointing out that the majority of car owners have standard cars and therefore the reg system works perfectly. lol

Well I never went back and collected the ordered parts, TBH they probably never came in though lol They've already wasted enough petrol of mine, screw 'em.

Benn
04-08-14, 09:32 AM
This rant is completely unnecessary as Turbojolt was pointing out that the majority of car owners have standard cars and therefore the reg system works perfectly. lol

Not how i read it. If it was then i'll say sorry to him.

turbojolt
04-08-14, 03:03 PM
Calm down benn and read it again. im hoping at 10 to 9 your not hammered. need a cuddle?

Benn
04-08-14, 04:59 PM
If you didn't mean how i took it then i'm sorry. Just read like that.

Johnny A
04-08-14, 05:07 PM
If you didn't mean how i took it then i'm sorry. Just read like that.

Not entirely your fault Ben, this is why grammar Nazis actually exist. It's not that people are simply annoyed by the lack of punctuation - it's that we need a universal translator from Star Trek to actually understand what is being said!!

turbojolt
04-08-14, 05:18 PM
Nice passive aggresive insult :thumb:

Benn
04-08-14, 05:26 PM
TJ, think it's cause i'm stuck on the phone today in a said Motorfactors... The trade is full of fu*knuts, so i was already on a ranting high...

turbojolt
04-08-14, 06:00 PM
TJ, think it's cause i'm stuck on the phone today in a said Motorfactors... The trade is full of fu*knuts, so i was already on a ranting high...

Water off a ducks back mate. thourght it was funny tbh

Southie
04-08-14, 09:32 PM
As regards to the number plate thing I've recently been let down my wife's standard focus.
i wanted a head temp sensor, even told them which it was a my local motor factors. They gave me the wrong one saying it's the only one on there system... I'd booked in the wife's car for fixing this btw... The amount of grief I got was unbelievable from the wife like it was my fault :(