PDA

View Full Version : Saab B204L or R Conversions??

Balley
28-07-14, 07:25 PM
Hi all, any one know anything about the Saab B204L or R engines, I am very tempted to fit one in my new SR.

I know all about the clearence issues etc and the fact you have to basically make a new O/S chassis leg but what I don't know is stuff like can I fit an F20 straight on one and with what clutch/flywheel?

What relays do you need to wire in? Is it fuel and ignition?

Is it really worth it, I can weld and fabricate and I am a qualified mechanic/auto electrician so that doesn't worry me.

Other option is a LET but they are a bit common and bloody dear!

Dan

nova_stee
28-07-14, 10:16 PM
B204 isn't the engine people make it out to be i removed the xe from my daily Corsa and fitted one then took it off the road a month later it was that ****. Clets are common for a reason they make a nova in to everything i want from one really but Iam very biased and want to fit one to every nova

Balley
29-07-14, 11:13 AM
Okay that is interesting. What B204 was you running? was it standard?

Johnny A
29-07-14, 07:59 PM
This has been covered before in great detail, please use the search function.

Southie
29-07-14, 08:04 PM
This is an old thread that Bailey has commented on regarding this so he's aware of the struggles Johnny:

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?202019-Saab-b204-conversion

The reason why C20let is still around and expensive is that they work IMO, a fully rebuilt one would be best tbh Bailey.

Johnny A
29-07-14, 08:09 PM
The B204 is pretty much the same length as the 1UZFE..... 4.0 V8

Now go fit one!

nova_stee
29-07-14, 08:22 PM
Okay that is interesting. What B204 was you running? was it standard?
Stage 3 with viggen turbo 300bhp ish just wasnt good

Balley
30-07-14, 04:25 PM
This has been covered before in great detail, please use the search function.
Great answer, thanks for that! I have looked, the search function isn't the best and I wanted to know a bit more detail. Thank you for help though, it was greatly appreciated.

This is an old thread that Bailey has commented on regarding this so he's aware of the struggles Johnny:

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?202019-Saab-b204-conversion

The reason why C20let is still around and expensive is that they work IMO, a fully rebuilt one would be best tbh Bailey.

You are maybe right Southie and thank you for you reply, I think I shall just see what is about when I am ready for an engine. I am sure I can make something work.

The B204 is pretty much the same length as the 1UZFE..... 4.0 V8

Now go fit one!

The B204 will bolt on to a Vauxhall box and can be used with ''standard'' shafts etc.

A 1UZFE doesn't any of the above so would take a little more work, plus isn't at all what I was after. Thank you once again for your positive comment.

Stage 3 with viggen turbo 300bhp ish just wasnt good

Okay, thanks pal. I was after around the 250bhp mark, if yours was 300bhp and you weren't impressed compared to the LET I will definitely bare that in mind. What ever engine I use I want it to feel good and I am worried the B204 is more of a 2 ton cruiser type engine, but on the other hand the X25XE feels a little down on power in a Vectra but with a flat flywheel and a F16 in my Nova it was a revvy little beast.

Dan

Johnny A
30-07-14, 07:02 PM
Glad to be of help, the last thread on this I answered all your questions in excessive detail.

The V8 was a joke

Stuart
30-07-14, 08:38 PM
How about the b207 with an f23.....

Balley
30-07-14, 09:44 PM
I have been having serious thoughts about the above, I think a LET would be better for me due to the fact they are lighter, fit better and I have always wanted one.

Now I have been looking at Z20lets, they seem cheaper, more about and obviously newer. I have wired in x16xes, x25xes in the past and they don't worry me. I know practically nothing about Z engines though. Is it still just the case of ign feed to the ecu, fuel pump relay feed, imobiliser wiring up.. and the other normal stuff or is it more involved. I know I will need a corsa c throttle, is there a clutch and brake switch for the ecu too?

nova_stee
30-07-14, 10:03 PM
I love clets at any state of tune there just great in my eyes