PDA

View Full Version : HELP! C20xe idling problem

ABoresta
26-07-14, 02:59 PM
Finally got the nova ready to be back on the road went to start her today check everything is ok for the MOT on Monday and I have idling issues... Last year the xe ran so smooth... I tried holding it at a steady 2000rpm but it still goes to cut out...

any suggestions would be much appreciated! Cheers

torquey
26-07-14, 04:21 PM
Check your icv mate worth giving it a clean out. Also check the wiring. Also cts worth checking. Got my let nova going in tuesday for mot. Good luck.

Rab
26-07-14, 06:42 PM
Also check its no drawing air mate, I.e vacuum pipes inlet hose etc etc.

ABoresta
27-07-14, 12:19 AM
Got the icv off gave it a clean etc that didn't sort it :/ maybe needs more of a clean... Seen somewhere else it could be afm or the seal around the sfi box? Could that be it? Also check the throttle pos sensor as somebody said it could be that but I don't know how to tell if that's working :s

will check eek the pipes tomorrow make sure vacuum is all ok...

Cheers rs for the help guy really want the nova back on the road :(

ABoresta
29-07-14, 07:38 AM
Hi guys bit of a follow up, I unplugged the AFM and it started to idle, a bit lumpy but it do idle.

replaced with another AFM and still has the same problem...

Any suggestions?
Cheers

Alan lig
30-07-14, 05:17 AM
Disconnecting a sensor will put it in to a limp home mode, have you tried another cts also do you run an 02 sensor

ABoresta
30-07-14, 07:38 AM
Just got a new cts so will try that today and yes I am running an O2 sensor...

Alan lig
31-07-14, 02:29 AM
O2 sensors can cause poor running, it's usually the heating element inside them that goes faulty, you can check the element with a multimeter

ABoresta
31-07-14, 11:51 AM
O2 sensors can cause poor running, it's usually the heating element inside them that goes faulty, you can check the element with a multimeter

silly question do you mean lambda sensor? some people run without one is there any benefits or issues with doing this?

Alan lig
31-07-14, 04:44 PM
Yes lambda,if it came from the factory with one it has to have it,it's the only way the ems measures fuelling ,if it's disconnected or not working the ems will default to a get you home fuelling map Which would probably be on the rich side