PDA

View Full Version : I bought a calibra turbo

Bubba
23-07-14, 08:13 AM
As title says, bought a calibra turbo cheap. Recently had some pretty ****ty events. Mum passed away from her battle with cancer and left me a bit of money. Missus reckoned that u should finish my pickup since she was always asking how it was going etc so after selling all my xe bits I made an offer on my ex's turbo.

Isn't it... Interesting haha
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/23/6uryhypa.jpg

Is had a lot of money spent on the engine, running silly hp at one point on eds 3.5 and nos. Now on phs1 eds.

I'll be breaking it so will put up a breaking thread when I start stripping it.

Kev Turbo
23-07-14, 08:37 AM
Sad to hear of your loss. Good luck with the breaking project.

Hope you see a good return on your investment and do your mum proud and finish that pickup!

Rab
23-07-14, 09:20 AM
Sorry about the loss man. Not fancy putting it back standard looks wise? Potential to be a good one

Bubba
23-07-14, 10:06 AM
It has some body electrical gremlins, front strut tops are cracked from it bring on airbags. I'd leave it like that tbh. It's quite a well known calibra down here. Been like this probably for nearly 10 years now, maybe more.

dgbnova#1
23-07-14, 10:34 AM
Sorry about your news mate not good that
seen you mention this on Facebook and said how crap they are as a breaker if it was me I'd log onto calibra club list it as rolling shell no engine see if someone wants to take it on as is less hassle and you still get engine

Bubba
23-07-14, 03:30 PM
I've already had people ask about interior, wheels, hubs etc. Probably end up cutting it up :-P

brainsnova
23-07-14, 05:39 PM
Sorry to hear about your mum and sell the engine etc, interior and chop it up

Bubba
23-07-14, 06:35 PM
But I want the engine lol. It's why I'm getting it. For 1k I can't go wrong tbh

Southie
23-07-14, 08:19 PM
Sad news Bubba, nice that you'll be continuing your build due to your mum ;) It must be hard to get to grips with life after her but keeping the project going in her memory will help I'm sure mate.

maddogdaz666
24-07-14, 08:22 AM
Are the airbags still available? Working?

jimbob-mcgrew
29-07-14, 08:46 AM
sorry about your old dear bub