PDA

View Full Version : c14se solid lifters

blackers999
20-07-14, 07:07 PM
hi can anyone help as to were i can get a set of solid lifters for me c14se rally car i cant seem to find them on the net anywere?
can anyone point me in right direction or have any info?
many thanks
mark

Andy
20-07-14, 07:22 PM
http://www.allittmotorsport.co.uk/nova1300.html
try these mate

Stuart
20-07-14, 07:30 PM
Kent, piper, enem, cat cams and Newman would probably have, or know where to get them.

or for non adjustable ones, you can make them yourself

mk1nova_rich
20-07-14, 07:38 PM
or for non adjustable ones, you can make them yourself

You seriously trying to say you can make a matching set of 8 lifters with basic tools in a garden shed?! :tard:

philip
20-07-14, 08:11 PM
Martin bowyer does the best type of solid lifter. I can do newmans and kent but bowyers are much easier too setup but do cost more. Im hopefully seeing him this week so can ask if interested?

Stuart
20-07-14, 08:15 PM
You seriously trying to say you can make a matching set of 8 lifters with basic tools in a garden shed?! :tard:
I made 8 by welding up hydro lifters then having shims ground to go in under the lifter..... Worked well enough and cost shag all

mk1nova_rich
20-07-14, 08:33 PM
then having shims ground to go in under the lifter..... Worked well enough and cost shag all

So not quite as simple and DIY as you originally worded it :)

mowgli
20-07-14, 08:44 PM

it is... as long as you know how to use a micrometer & a feeler gauge, and have access to a decent engineer to make the shims.

mk1nova_rich
20-07-14, 09:02 PM
Which is exactly what I was getting at...tools and instruments that I bet 90% on here don't have access to, and someone else to do half the work...

mowgli
20-07-14, 09:24 PM
if, like me, you had a mrs with a liking for 80's vw cars with knackered engines, you'd have got a rapid lesson in shimming camshaft followers.. it was the industry norm for a long time

Stuart
20-07-14, 09:39 PM
I never said it was simple.... Just that you can with a tiny bit of effort, make them. And would still cost a shed load less than most of the other options.

mk1nova_rich
20-07-14, 10:17 PM
if, like me, you had a mrs with a liking for 80's vw cars with knackered engines, you'd have got a rapid lesson in shimming camshaft followers.. it was the industry norm for a long time

Fair play :) but most car nuts now probably aren't familiar with such 'old skool' methods lol personally I have access to the required equipment but only through work - not in my home tool box for tinkering with cars

Novasport
20-07-14, 10:32 PM
I have a brand new set of Kent solid lifters I could sell if you need some, drop me a PM

jimbob-mcgrew
21-07-14, 12:29 AM

hahah