PDA

View Full Version : what is the weirdest thing you saw today???(keep it clean please)

mowgli
20-07-14, 12:37 PM
the reason for this is that i was on woolacombe beach yesterday & saw 2 young women taking a cage containing 4 ferrets onto the sand, then take photos of them in all sorts of fun situations...... i was not allowed to try to photograph this, by the mrs, cos she thought i'd be arrested, or beaten up......

so, please add an account of the weirdest thing you have seen, and if safe to do so, a pic of said item.

thankyou

mike...

ps, not to get all regional or anything, but, yes, they had west yorkshire accents....lol

Southie
20-07-14, 01:55 PM
Eh up lad, is thy taking the piss lol

mowgli
20-07-14, 02:12 PM
if I was planning a piss take, I couldn't possibly have come up with the above scenario.

turbojolt
20-07-14, 02:23 PM
Wasnt today but i wad walking my dogs and there was a young boy playing football by himself...the strange part was the kid wasnt practicing footwork or ball controll he just kept running at the ball tripping over it and rolling arou d holding his shin

dont know if thats classed as strange or sad

mowgli
20-07-14, 02:27 PM
pretending to be Italian??

Andy
20-07-14, 03:25 PM
Not today but iv seen many many strange things over the years that you couldn't make up lol
A horse tied up outside a paper shop,and then a D bike lock to the railings.
A lump hammer in the middle of the road.
A massive bolster on the same stretch about a fortnight later
The funniest by far has to have been when we were kids,a friend of mine threw a water bomb out of a 2nd floor window at this woman walking by,it never blew and we wondered where it went,when suddenly 10feet walking later she pulled it out of her coat pocket unexploded.The look on her face is something il never ever forget hahaha lol

mowgli
20-07-14, 04:40 PM
if you want to add historical ones to this..........I'm game

me & my dad were concreting next to a rural canal. we heard a large 4x4 approaching at speed... it had a plant trailer with a steel mesh cage on the back with sheep in... as it went over the bridge, every single sheep took off & was floating round in the cage... oh & they all bleated at the same time... then they landed in unison.... the driver of the 4x4 will never know that he caused 2 men to laugh uncontrollable for about 10 minutes........

mk1nova_rich
20-07-14, 04:45 PM
ps, not to get all regional or anything, but, yes, they had west yorkshire accents....lol

Haha doesnt surprise me lol

jeremy fisher
14-08-14, 12:20 PM
Cycling home from my unit last week about 10pm, saw a cat stood rigid in the middle of a T junction staring at something obscured round a corner. As I came round the corner thinking how strange it looked and expecting another cat in some sort of stand off, there was an old man with heavily loaded carrier bags in each hand also stood completely still and staring right back at the cat. A car approached the junction and the man wandered off, I think the cat won!
Also, there's a man in my local area who likes to ask kids if they like mud, then tell them that he likes mud. Encountered him a few times in my youth.

mowgli
14-08-14, 02:53 PM
which mud?? the soil & water mixture or the 70's band??????

steve1434
15-08-14, 04:32 PM
Was going round a roundabout and had an old fella coming right at me in his mobility scooter thing, fish tailed a bit avoiding him - he seemed oblivious to it all haha

Royston
15-08-14, 09:08 PM
Not today, but I watched a blind gentleman on Tuesday achieve 202mph at Evlington Airfield on his practice run in a Nissan GTR, and did the same on Wednesday to break his record.

I was there testing some big yellow Tonka toys;)

mk1nova_rich
15-08-14, 10:39 PM
I saw that on local news, quite an amazing achievement