PDA

View Full Version : Mk2 sunroof issues

rich a
19-07-14, 07:15 PM
Hi guys I went to slide the sunroof back earlier and heard a cracking noise which resulted in the roof not going back.

On closer inspection I found that the passenger side was staring to move back ahead of the drivers side causing it jam but if I push down on the drivers side at the back it drops in to place an then will wind back

When viewed from inside the car the guide on the drivers side seems to be behind the passenger side so when it comes to the end of the guide it should allow the roof to drop an start to slide back but doesn't. Ive looked in Haynes an cant make sence of it any help guys

Thanks rich

Southie
19-07-14, 07:18 PM
Some tips on removing it in this tread, also waiting for scorge01 to put pictures up ;)
http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?207836-Help-removing-refitting-sunroof-sliding-cover

millworm
19-07-14, 07:54 PM
Buy my sun roof.

scorge01
19-07-14, 08:01 PM
I should have thread up tomorrow mate but il have a look thro my pics an try work out your problem :) they are reasonably easy to work on tho will get bk to you soon ;)

rich a
19-07-14, 09:31 PM
Cheers guys i did manage to get the glass out but couldn't figure out how to get the rest out. Some photos would from u score would b great