PDA

View Full Version : x25xe power nova

ben cleave
13-07-14, 06:07 PM
hi guys this is my first post so please be kind I am after some advice but it may be a tricky one as is not been that much but I have just done a x25xe conversion into my Antibes nova so its the later 2.5 v6 engine which is found in the Vectra b between 199 and 2002 I believe its running a c25xe inlet manifold as the original one fouls the brake servo anyway I had a few issues the main one being the rear exhaust manifold hitting the steering rack which was soon over come when I fitted the front exhaust manifold to the rear as its much shorter than the front so far the conversion has been pretty easy only mods needed was the rear manifold swapping around and making a front engine mount as I have matted the engine to a long ratio f16 box but I have 2 issues the first being that my gear box is hitting my anti roll bar so how can I get around this as the lowering block you use on xe or let conversions are to allow the exhaust manifold to clear so I am not sure if these will help me also I have one plug left over on my engine loom which is for the o2/lambada sensor but im not sure weather this goes to the front down pipe or the rear I have asked on the Vectra owners club page but had no luck any input would be greatly appreciated thanks

Lee H
13-07-14, 06:45 PM
It should be a lug on the gearbox fouling the tie bar (assumed you meant tie bar as anti roll bar should be fastened to bottom of tie bars). Just grind the lug off flush with the gearbox.

If its still catching the best thing to do is lower the tie bars where they bolt to the crossmember. This is recommended anyway as it improves traction under acceleration and more stability when braking.

ben cleave
13-07-14, 07:02 PM
sorry I meant tie bar yes and I have already ground the lug of the gear box but its still touching might be because of the weight of the engine I guess its on a spax shocks and spring set up but its sill on 13'' alloys as well think im going to have to put coilovers on aswell