PDA

View Full Version : HIDs issue

mdharkess
10-07-14, 12:24 AM
Hello everyone
Recently installed aftermarket hid kit when the engine is running and I turn on side lights only the HIDs try to ignite and flicker due to the dim dip system used when running normal halogen h4s.
Question is does anyone know how to stop the flicker

Thanks M

Southie
10-07-14, 08:53 AM
Never had them myself but this might help you:
CLICKYME (http://blog.modifystreet.com/hid-flickering-problem-reason-and-solution/)

Jack
10-07-14, 12:26 PM
HIDs are either ON or OFF, so won't work with the dim/dip relay. You'll have to remove or disable the relay/system, or run a battery power harness

mdharkess
10-07-14, 12:50 PM
Yeah I know I'll have to remove it to avoid issue but where is it ha

mdharkess
10-07-14, 08:56 PM
Problem solved I found the transformer cheers for help!

Andy
10-07-14, 09:14 PM
I hope theyre legal aim/beam pattern

bazzap8389
11-07-14, 03:17 AM
I hope theyre legal aim/beam pattern

If fitted to a nova I would doubt it lol

mdharkess
11-07-14, 06:49 AM
The angle is legal and no plod have stopped me yet despite passing four of them. Waiting for the fixed ticket

meritlover
11-07-14, 02:18 PM
Its not the HIDs that are illegal, its the the fact that when fitted the headlamps don't have washer jets or self-leveling facility. Its pretty obvious to a tester so dont hack the loom or plugs to a state where you cant simply swap out the HIDs for a H4 before a test. Easiest way is to fit spades on the H4 plug to a relay for driving the ignitor. Then its a plug and play setup.

Andy
11-07-14, 03:53 PM
Every car iv passed with hiv's has scorched my eyeballs.Seriously,sometimes I consider wearing a welding mask when driving at night.
Dog sh1t looking seat's and vw's seem to be the worst culprits

mdharkess
11-07-14, 05:49 PM
Yeah mine is a direct plug in one so can just pop the h4 back in for test time or if plod get funny. Andy it's a lot to do with people being idiots and either fitting them upside down or not buying hi/lo set so they plug them in the wrong way like the cherubs they are and actually run main beam constantly