PDA

View Full Version : Engine Work

krobinson
13-09-03, 12:41 PM
Once i gather up the cash i'm taking the bottom end and head to an engineering firm to have some work carried out!

I want the engine to run as "new" as possible. I'll be running a 285 profile cam, 4 branch manifold and webber 32/34, all of which are brand new.

What should i have the engineering firm do to the bottom end, flywheel and head to get the maximum gains from the engine, and so that i will have no problems with it?

Its a 1.3SR

Cheers

Keith

krobinson
14-09-03, 10:51 PM
BTTT

Slatter
14-09-03, 10:59 PM
Just buy my engine instead its already all been done !!!

only 400 miles ... not even run in !

Will
15-09-03, 10:55 AM
FFS slatter, lol

just give over posting that to reply to every1s techinical posts

as far as i know keith doesnt wana run T40s, im guessing mainly for an insurance reason with irelands prices etc!!

Slatter
15-09-03, 09:27 PM
I know someone will buy it !!!

Its worth it ,, Just got to find that someone ... Need to sell to get valver in and car back on road :o :|

krobinson
18-09-03, 03:03 PM
Thanks for all the help guys... wow this technical forum is really helpful :o

:lol: :lol: :lol:

MC
18-09-03, 03:43 PM
If you are compromising performance by sticking with a twin choke carb, I would only do a recon job.

Re-grind crank with over-sized bearings.

Re-bore with 1mm larger pistons and new rings.

New gaskets and check condition of oil pump.

New stem seals.

I assume you are fitting new rockers with your new cam.

MC

burgo
18-09-03, 07:35 PM
also dependin how much u wanna spend knife edging and lightenin is a gd plan and the flywheel just get it lightened and balanced and as for the head larger valves, 3 angle valve seats, porting, polishin, skimmin theres loads of stuff all of which will help but also cost so up to u wot u get done

krobinson
23-09-03, 03:38 PM
Thanks guys.. with the cam, webber and the engine work, i still should be looking at a good increase in power?

Any estimates?

Will
23-09-03, 03:46 PM
with good head work and the manifold modded properly for the weber then id say 90bhp is realistic for you.

good luck :D

novax
23-09-03, 10:20 PM
Hope you've got plenty of cash set aside, my bottom end cost about ?600 to do properly. Mind you it is the "new" block I wanted.