PDA

View Full Version : Future of Mallory Park

jeremy fisher
08-07-14, 12:17 PM
Anybody know what's happening with Mallory Park?
I thought the new owners had resolved the issues and were planning a return of competitive motorsport next year but I have been notified that PPC in the Park has been cancelled (due to 'contract issues') and they plan to use a different venue next year suggesting it may have all fallen through. A google search hasn't turned up any recent news on the matter and track days are still available to buy so I'm a little confused. Was looking forward to a thrash round there and its a great place to watch too. Will be very disappointing if it fails to recover.

Alex J
08-07-14, 12:34 PM
only went once , thought it was crap

mowgli
08-07-14, 04:26 PM
it is still tricky.....

2 local residents are kicking up piles of shyte at anyone who says they like the place... they managed to run a full schedule of bike meetings this year, but they missed the date for car meetings....

they also had to cancel the big Triumph motorbike weekend, which is at gaydon this year.

the council is doing their nut over it, as they really want mallory park to be kept running, but the anti track group seem to have backing with an agenda which involves quarrying the site, landfilling it & buillding 1000+ houses on it in 10 years time.

mk1nova_rich
08-07-14, 05:35 PM
Houses are ****ing everywhere now :wtf:

Been once for that PPC show, thought it was a nice venue tbh so would be a shame for it to close

jeremy fisher
09-07-14, 12:42 PM
Thanks for the update Mowgli. I thought they were past the worst of it.
Gaydon? I'm there now! Do they use the track or something?
I don't get why you would live there if it bothers you that much. The track's been there for years. I can't think of a better way to get woken up on a sunday morning!
I think I spoke to you actually Rich, that was the first time I went, been every year since, and to plenty of race days there.

meritlover
09-07-14, 02:44 PM
Lol at 'Gaydon'

Iain
09-07-14, 03:47 PM
Will have to book a trackday there should the worst happen by the sounds of it... I thought they were over all that too

mk1nova_rich
09-07-14, 04:45 PM
I think I spoke to you actually Rich, that was the first time I went, been every year since, and to plenty of race days there.

You did mate, well remembered :thumb: I remember speaking to a PNG member, just couldnt remember your username lol

Andy
09-07-14, 06:21 PM
People who moan about the noise should remember where they live ffs.
Like people round here who ring the council about seagulls waking them up?! fukking seaside you backward cunnts!

staggy_gsi
09-07-14, 07:20 PM
People who moan about the noise should remember where they live ffs.
Like people round here who ring the council about seagulls waking them up?! fukking seaside you backward cunnts!

Well said. Why buy a house near a race track if you cant stand the noise? Unless of course the residents making all the fuss have been there since before Mallory opened....

mowgli
09-07-14, 07:24 PM
apparently one has been there since before it opened.. in recent years, they did massively take the piss over planning permission for the number of 'noisy' days. and as someone who was born only 2 miles from the place, and my work is based 2 1/2 miles from there, I can confirm the races, and the cars using it for practise used to be a lot quieter when I was a kid, compared to even road legal track day stuff these days.