PDA

View Full Version : Clay Bars

novadave24
27-06-14, 12:39 AM
As above I keep getting told to try clay bar might sound bit dumb but how do you use it and is it worth buying ?
cheers dave

Southie
27-06-14, 06:57 AM
As above I keep getting told to try clay bar might sound bit dumb but how do you use it and is it worth buying ?
cheers dave
Have a read at this, should help you out ;)
http://www.detailedimage.com/Ask-a-Pro/how-to-properly-use-a-clay-bar/

Stuart
27-06-14, 09:37 AM
I'm no pro but I like the Bilt Hamber stuff as it uses water and not that spray shizz so its cheaper to use :) plus you get enough to build a house with for a tenner.
they are based near Basildon too :)

meritlover
27-06-14, 02:28 PM
just use plastecine and quickdetailing spray

bighed
28-06-14, 05:55 AM
Another for Bilt Hamber. Awesome stuff. I've never tried plasticine though.

Benn
29-06-14, 06:05 PM
Simply, yes.

It lifts all the stuck on dirt on the surface. As you want every bit off the surface before you start polishing or waxing. Cause the cleener the surface the better the finish.

Everyone ive got to try clay has been a convert.

Novasport
29-06-14, 09:51 PM
I have been using it for years. It is surprising how much crap it lifts off what appears to be a clean car. Run your hand over your paintwork after it has been washed and you will feel the contaminates stuck to the paint. Once clayed it will feel like glass.
Water with a small amount of decent car shampoo in a spray bottle is a perfectly good lubricant and cheaper than a detailing spray

novadave24
01-07-14, 12:38 AM
Have a read at this, should help you out ;)
http://www.detailedimage.com/Ask-a-Pro/how-to-properly-use-a-clay-bar/
thank you mate very helpful :)

novadave24
01-07-14, 12:41 AM
thank you guys I have had a read about it and I have been on you tube as well so I have ordered some one for the golf and one for my bmw :) cant wait to start on them

novadave24
03-07-14, 02:44 PM
can I use the same clay bar on 2 cars like my golf and the bmw ?

Benn
03-07-14, 02:56 PM
Yes.

Buy a bar, cut it in to 3 (what i do) you can use it a few times on any car. When it becomes dirty/stained/contaminated bin it. Start a new bit.

I use Dodo juice's Clay as i've found it the best.

novadave24
03-07-14, 03:00 PM
ok cool cheers benn when like I have finished with it do I need to leave it in water or not ?

Benn
03-07-14, 03:03 PM
Work it around with your hands, put it back in the box. I put mine in damp to stop it sticking to hard to the box.

novadave24
03-07-14, 03:12 PM
ok cheers I have to put mine back in the packet because I just got a cheap one because I have never used one before but after this one I buy dodo juice one :)

Benn
03-07-14, 03:28 PM
Ok, you might be happy with it, so see how you get on.

novadave24
03-07-14, 11:41 PM
well after playing about with the clay bar on the golf it has done a really great job so happy I done my bmw and then I done my mums golf lol good stuff :)