PDA

View Full Version : RE: The articles section

Southie
18-06-14, 09:35 PM
Is there anything that is missing and is needed regarding the articles section, obviously plenty of cracking info in there already but it would be handy to know what you lot thinks needs adding.

If you've got a decent write up for something you'd wish to add then get it put up in there and we'll (admin/mods) take it from there ;)

Scottcooper85
18-06-14, 09:42 PM
I couldn't find anything on rear panel replacement when I was after it. Would be good to see one up, not sure my photos are good enough.

Southie
18-06-14, 09:45 PM
When it comes to a lot of things done over the years it's not just the pictures that count (does help more tbh) but mainly down to a really accurate write up ;)

If you've recently done this then it can only help others out in the future and over time other folk will probably put there input in with maybe better pictures ;)

Stuart
18-06-14, 10:06 PM
Start with words or pics and the rest will follow.

the vx220 forum has a lot of guides where 4-5 people add to a how to. Eg I wrote up how to change a cv boot but no pics, someone else added pics, another found a faster way to do it and so on.

Dan Stanley
19-06-14, 12:05 AM
I'd like an Articles section that has all the info on it of transferrable parts from other cars, in an easy to see format.
Such as Iian's (sp?) recently found F20 selector improvement, or Meriva compatitable braking parts.
Those things that are handy to know but not necessarily wide spread knowledge.

This would be the sort of Articles thread that lots of people contributed towards

scott.parker
19-06-14, 10:35 AM
As Dan said thats the most sensible idea, get a collection list of parts from across the board that can be fitted and used on all different novas with all engines commonly used.
A massive gripe i have is with the information in the small block 14/16xe conversion thread, it's all scattered through the thread, imo it needs cleaning up, the main bulk of important and accurate info on the first page, and possibly an update by someone, it might just be me, but i found it really hard to find all tge info, and it becomes confusing trying to flick through pages via a smartphone etc..

bazil
19-06-14, 11:27 AM
Sub sections,

Engine info and how to ( including engine transplants and modifications ie turboing also covering heating and cooling, inelt and exhaust)

Transmission - gearbox, selectors, cv joints, hubs and bearings, and 4x4 conversions etc

Electrical - wires'n'sh!t

Bodywork- all aspects including paint

Interior- you get the idea,

Stuart
19-06-14, 11:34 AM
Just to be clear.... we can have all the sub sections etc in the world, but if no one contributes to them then we will still be in the same place.

I do plan to try and take as many photos of the gearbox rebuild I'm doing this weekend as possible, so that an article/guide can be written

dgbnova#1
19-06-14, 12:16 PM
The most basic faults diagnosed

there must be 3 a week of just simple faults if it was an open post but all questions answered as they come then kept to just the question and answer keeps it tidy and any n@b answers or posts delete or just put people's ideas in there

paul080803
19-06-14, 12:21 PM
List of part numbers with cross references?

And known dealer availability?

Benn
19-06-14, 12:24 PM
That would be very very hard^ You'd have to ring a deal at a time to ask stock.

paul080803
19-06-14, 12:30 PM
That would be very very hard^ You'd have to ring a deal at a time to ask stock.

I wasnt very clear!

For example I went to my local dealer for some parts recently, some were still available in UK, some Spain only and some discontinued completely. I just meant that type of info, not actual stock levels.

Stuart
19-06-14, 12:57 PM
cross referenced with what?

bazil
19-06-14, 01:03 PM
Just to be clear.... we can have all the sub sections etc in the world, but if no one contributes to them then we will still be in the same place.

I do plan to try and take as many photos of the gearbox rebuild I'm doing this weekend as possible, so that an article/guide can be written

Ive done my share of how to guides.

Its always been my opinion that the articles section was there so the few with knowledge and experience can help the many who haven't done it or want to learn,

Just because there might not be new threads posted everyday doesnt mean its not used regularly.

My opinion is that a section that is there to help and guide people should have some sort order to it.
Maybe if it were in some sort of order it would be more easily navigated and remove some of the frequently asked question.

The audisport.net forum has done it this way and its very easy and quick to find a thread that helps with the job in hand.

paul080803
19-06-14, 01:06 PM
cross referenced with what?

Alternative part numbers, superceded part numbers and non-genuine parts.