PDA

View Full Version : leaking petrol @ take side S-hoses

jimbob-mcgrew
18-06-14, 02:46 AM
anyone know of a cheap and easy fix for these ? ... as they look like specialized pipes.

i figure using standard fuel hose would probably kink, and not work.

was contemplating getting some rubber hose and a bit of copper pipe to do the bends, or maybe 1 piece of plastic pipe heated up with a gun, and bent to shape.

or can cheap replacements be found ?

cheers :thumb:

jimbob-mcgrew
18-06-14, 03:52 AM
is it possible to heat and bend rubber hose i wonder ?

dgbnova#1
18-06-14, 08:02 AM
Standard pipe cut it long and fit it checking for kinks I've never had a problem with this

Johnny A
18-06-14, 10:33 AM
or buy new ones from Vauxhall...

Jonesfach
18-06-14, 11:17 AM
or buy new ones from Vauxhall...
Are they available for the nova ? It is a nova we are on about......
fitted some new ones a month or so ago. Bit tricky on the floor !

Johnny A
18-06-14, 11:31 AM
Yes I bought a pair a few months back

Jonesfach
18-06-14, 12:43 PM
Yes I bought a pair a few months back
dear me did not know that? Yet I called up for a new tank and he just laughed at me! Then said if he could get one it was £360.00 OMG!

jimbob-mcgrew
18-06-14, 02:14 PM
Standard pipe cut it long and fit it checking for kinks I've never had a problem with this

thanks dgb, ill give it a go :thumb:

jimbob-mcgrew
20-06-14, 02:41 AM
for anyone that needs to know :

the smaller diameter pipe is 5.5mm
the larger diameter pipe is 8mm

fuel hose packs, 5.5mm and 8mm, can be both bought from halfords for £10.50 all in. (1 metre long, with 2 x jubilee clips each)

the thinner pipe (which is alot more flexible) bends in the factory S-shape fine, but the larger pipe is more heavy duty, and will kink if over-manipulated. it has to be cut longer to suit.

the 8mm, i lowered straight down, just below the floorpan, and looped it back on itself (i cabled tied it to the petrol tank strap for extra security)
youll need a bit of spit/lubrication on the hoses to fit them. and i wouldnt advise tightening the jubilees too hard to the fuel lines, as there only plastic, and may split if so.

:thumb: