PDA

View Full Version : Ever wonder why do I bother?

Danhart
17-06-14, 10:51 PM
Spent last few months rebuilding my TD nova, now don't get me wrong, I understand they're old cars, things break bla bla bla,
but gearbox has gone and I just don't have any effort what so ever to rectify it, I've been to workshop 3 nights for 4hours+ each night and all I've done is jack car up, take wheels and shafts out,

just on a low with the car I think, jut wondering who else gets like this?

dgbnova#1
17-06-14, 10:55 PM
Your rocking one car mate be thankfully if that just get stuck in or leave it a week then go back

marc69
17-06-14, 10:56 PM
I get like that a lot but when it does come together...it is worth it. I had similat rpoblems wqth my first track car, once I had the engine at least running...there was no reverse gear. I spent weeks trying to sort the box, eventually discovering uit was the casing taht was damaged...bought a new gearbox which saved such a lot of time and hassle and from that point on things improved. The went on to do a full year of track days at Knockhill with only one issue, a fule line split.

Danhart
17-06-14, 11:03 PM
Only had it on road a week after rebuild! There's just no enthusiasm to do anything with it! Luckily I've got a trust corsa c dti to fall back on, but I do keep considering selling the nova

blue_peg_16v
17-06-14, 11:29 PM
My turbo still has a hole in the rad new rads been here 2 weeks carnt be arsed wi it will get done for billing though along wi a good buff and a bit of paint

bazzap8389
17-06-14, 11:38 PM
I get like that all the time as well mate doesn't help that I'm getting fûcked about left,right and centre. Can't be bothered anymore.

Johnny A
18-06-14, 12:12 AM
Might you consider fitting a gearbox that can handle the strain?

burgo
18-06-14, 02:19 AM
Fooking man up. Im currently doing 6-6 nightshift then when I get home spent 4-5 hours every morning working at home as well.

jimbob-mcgrew
18-06-14, 03:10 AM
dont sell it at the final hurdle dan.
if youve spent months on it, youll regret it.

i reckon :

1) take 2 weeks off to forget about the car, put your feet up, hydrate with single malt beverages, and watch the footy.
2) finish getting the box off, kick it in the nuts, piss on it, drop it off a cliff, and say good riddens.
3) pick up a 'known working' replacement box, or breakers yard run for a low mileage one.
4) when you get the motivation to work, fit everything back up, and take it for a joy-ride.

:)

jimbob-mcgrew
18-06-14, 03:10 AM
Fooking man up. Im currently doing 6-6 nightshift then when I get home spent 4-5 hours every morning working at home as well.

jesus burgo, how much coke do you snort ? lol

jimbob-mcgrew
18-06-14, 03:11 AM
I get like that a lot but when it does come together...it is worth it. I had similat rpoblems wqth my first track car, once I had the engine at least running...there was no reverse gear. I spent weeks trying to sort the box, eventually discovering uit was the casing taht was damaged...bought a new gearbox which saved such a lot of time and hassle and from that point on things improved. The went on to do a full year of track days at Knockhill with only one issue, a fule line split.

^ thats good going mark. your car must be a soldier