PDA

View Full Version : jet size peirburg 2e

vauxluva
12-06-14, 12:31 PM
I believe my 1600 is running a 1300 carb and inlet. Could I use a bigger main jet ? cheers chaps

pottersrebel
12-06-14, 07:43 PM
you can change the jet size but ideally you want the carb setting up to your engine. changing the jets for bigger ones doesn't always mean it will produce more power. I take my stock car to a guy who changes the jets only to get the air and fuel mixture right and with a win last time out he knows his stuff. The carb I gave him had been rejetted by a reputable (so called) engine builder and after having a few issues with the cars running I took it to him and the first thing he did was change the jets for smaller ones as it was massively overfuelling.

vauxluva
13-06-14, 04:21 PM
cheers fella just been told the same by an auto grasser,Also been told that Webber do a better card but its finding one.......,,

jimbob-mcgrew
13-06-14, 11:28 PM
if its the SE engine you were talking about in another post, unless the manifolds been modified, the ports will be a different shape, cathederal to circular, which might mess up the running too

vauxluva
14-06-14, 12:11 PM
im not sure what engine it is now,,,, on further inspection its running a alloy sump,, and the cut out for the mechanical fuel pump has been cast blank,, its got the newer shape rocker cover?,, its just what the lad who i bought it from told me was in it?

jimbob-mcgrew
14-06-14, 06:27 PM
the cut out for the mechanical fuel pump has been cast blank

^ sounds like an SE.

you can tell by looking at the corner edge of the block.
it will probably have ' E16SE stamped into the metal

http://i377.photobucket.com/albums/oo218/connorlake_2008/blocknumber.jpg