PDA

View Full Version : Bedford Autodrome Vs Blyton Park

jeremy fisher
11-06-14, 05:28 PM
As title really, anyone been to both? Or just one? Planning on booking a track day but am not too sure which one to go for. Both about 1.5hrs drive from me, both similar set ups I think ie.made for track days/corporate events rather than competitive motorsport. I am leaning towards Bedford. The only thing that concerns me is how many and how long the straights are as my gearing means that I top out at about 120mph (indicated, probably more like 90!) and I don't want to be sitting on the limiter or having to let off If I can help it. At mallory park I'm well into 5th by the end of the straight, and that's not very long. Any comments/advice appreciated.

Ta.

stewart_2004
11-06-14, 09:43 PM
Hi I've been to blyton a few times and is a good little circuit proper Tarmac not like other air field track days I've done it has some run off if needed staff are friendly and if you do open pit lane you get plenty of track time for your money. Extra drivers can be added during the day if needed.its a good day out there

Iain
11-06-14, 10:33 PM
Blyton rocks but not been to the other one so can't compare. I'm at blyton in just under 2 weeks yipee :)

jeremy fisher
12-06-14, 12:35 PM
Well Blyton looks like it may have shorter straights, and its cheaper so I think I'll give it a go!
Thanks

Stuart
12-06-14, 04:16 PM
bedford has very strict noise limits too

jeremy fisher
12-06-14, 06:50 PM
The internet tells me that Bedford's limit is 101db, is that strict? I thought a lot of 'propper' tracks were more like 98? For track days anyway. I'm only aware of my car being static tested and that passed fine, I think​ I should be ok for the drive by test.

Iain
13-06-14, 10:35 PM
Yeah usually be 98db so 101 is quite lenient I'd have said.