PDA

View Full Version : 20seh...c20xe engine mount options??

sibzy
04-06-14, 10:46 PM
Hi all.age old question probly done a million times but what options have i got for the drivers side engine mount on the big block 8v-16v engine conversion.i know i can buy one from ebay before thats said.hahaha.id make one myself if there is a template anywhere.cheers.

dgbnova#1
04-06-14, 11:29 PM
Basically the bolts are 25 mm higher up I think so if you fit motor and mark out for block bolts as standard mount then mark then higher up and drill the mount side higher should do trick I copyed one I have and made a few up for myself

Benn
05-06-14, 08:44 AM
Gotta say, for how cheap they are now, i'd just buy one.

sibzy
05-06-14, 09:07 PM
Basically the bolts are 25 mm higher up I think so if you fit motor and mark out for block bolts as standard mount then mark then higher up and drill the mount side higher should do trick I copyed one I have and made a few up for myself

Thanks mate, havent got engine in yet but ill prob end up doing that.

@Benn : There cheap untill you ad postage to ireland, haha, then it doesnt work out as good, plenty of steel in my garage and spares around, just taught it would be better to get advise on the matter first.or if someone had a template that would be even better.