PDA

View Full Version : fuel gauge senders

jimbob-mcgrew
03-06-14, 02:27 AM
are they all interchangeable between carb and inj. tanks ?

cheers :thumb:

tomfromdelmonte
03-06-14, 03:28 PM
I have an injection tank with the intank pump and a swirlpot , im running carbs but my dash is from an astra gtw and it reads the fuel sender correctly so i would say yes they are interchangeable BUT.... the plus are different on later models iirc... i had to get a 2 pin plug and solder it onto my fuel tank wiring loom.

dgbnova#1
03-06-14, 04:08 PM
What are you trying to do? I will say yes you can run them all for a carb but not injection if use a Gte Gsi type you will need to blank the pipe that's fitted to the sender what tank you got what you trying to do ? Post a pic of old sender and tank opening

jimbob-mcgrew
03-06-14, 09:19 PM
What are you trying to do?

use a carb sender in an injection tank if possible

dgbnova#1
03-06-14, 09:24 PM
With bolts that hold it in or twist type that should be fine but were is the pickup for your pump?

jimbob-mcgrew
04-06-14, 03:13 AM
a single pipe, topside of the pump (mk.3 astra item)

the return on the nova tanks is an external pipe on the side i think ?

the astra's sender was alot different, with the return line built into it, directly below the swirl pot

jimbob-mcgrew
04-06-14, 03:14 AM
With bolts that hold it in or twist type that should be fine but were is the pickup for your pump?

im not sure how the nova sender mounts... i dont have a tank to compare it against. from what ive seen in pictures, its 5 screws/bolts

the astra pump has 6 bolts tho