PDA

View Full Version : gte engine bay sound proofing

mudgie
01-06-14, 02:07 PM
hi im new to the forum and im after some help/advice please, i dont know if im posting in the right section if not im sorry, ive owned a nova gte for the last 15 years, the last 10 have been spent in a garage, after destroying it back in the day by pulling all the original parts off it and sticking what i thought cool back then fibreglass body kits ect on it, I have now decided being a lot older and wiser that i would like to restore it back to a standard gte, after doing shed loads off welding to the front end and pulling the sound proofing back to weld i thought i would like to replace mine if possible due to mine ripping and splitting, does any body know if it is still possible to get these? im not sure if theres one on opel classic parts theres know picture so i not sure its the part i want plus its for a lhd would this matter?

Thanks darren,

brucer
01-06-14, 04:25 PM
although it would keep it original, its much nicer and cleaner to leave it off.

opinions vary of course, but I like shiney paint on show.

craig green
01-06-14, 04:27 PM
Ask at a local dealer but be prepared for a shock on the price, I asked years ago & nearly fainted.

It might be an idea to contact some of the members on here with contacts in the trade or access to european stock. I hope they come forward as I shan't attempt to recall any names or drop them in it.