PDA

View Full Version : Valeo radiator, where to buy

Edd
26-05-14, 10:07 PM
As title

My alloy TX rad has sprung a leak, whilst being there sat doing fcuk all I might add ffs

So I want to get a Valeo on, I'm right thinking that's what was originally fitted?

Do not want a cheap thin crap job

So where can I get a Valeo rad from?
Want the full height Gsi/GTE type

Edd

Scottcooper85
26-05-14, 10:10 PM
Chris astley motorsport stocked them mate last time I looked

Novasport
26-05-14, 10:11 PM
Good motor factors should sell them

Novasport
26-05-14, 10:17 PM
PM'd you a couple of links

Edd
26-05-14, 10:27 PM
Chris astley motorsport stocked them mate last time I looked
Fcuk buying anything from that money grabbing, selfish, bankrupt fool, good friend got robbed by it

PM'd you a couple of links
Cheers Rich

Scottcooper85
26-05-14, 10:31 PM
Fcuk buying anything from that money grabbing, selfish, bankrupt fool, good friend got robbed by it

Cheers Rich
Then maybe I shall also steer clear lol

DaveMarshall
27-05-14, 07:08 AM
I bought one from Vauxhall a few weeks ago, sure it was £40 odd plus vat.

Dave.

Iain
27-05-14, 10:21 AM
My Valeo one didn't last very long on my Nova, although not sure what other option there is other than getting a proper alloy one made up for several hundred squid.

Benn
27-05-14, 10:25 AM
Connor (coza123 or something) got a alloy one made up, It looked beautiful and very very very well made. 90000000% better than mine and i think mine was the best TX one i've seen...

Riggy
27-05-14, 10:28 AM
I got mine from motor factors a few years back , was £60 then , same part number as a mk2 passat iirc

Benn
27-05-14, 10:49 AM
My work can get them Edd, £50inc vat, but there might be carriage fee on that as i'd have to by it direct. (shouldn't be much i can find out for you if you wanted one)
We have a Bristol branch which i dont think will be that far from you...

Part number is VAL231178 Which lists it as allot core, 1.3/1.4/1.6 so it's the full size one.

craig green
27-05-14, 12:35 PM
Too far to Bristol to make it viable Benn.

Should be able to get one from a factors or even Halfords. iirc I ordered one from Halfords but they took an age to get one, so I sourced mine from buypartsby.com

Benn
27-05-14, 04:22 PM
30 odd miles isnt that far..lol

Redruth will be to far the other way... Shame newton abbot closed might have been better.

murph-gsi
06-08-14, 09:03 AM
Have been offered a genuine Opel GSi rad by my local dealer. I thought valeo was the genuine rad??
:tard:

Johnny A
06-08-14, 11:46 AM
IIRC Valeo make them originally?? I know they did the Carlton ones which is why I used them. They are well stocked at many motor factors, I bought a new one for SEF which cost around the £50 mark.

Can you not get the alloy one welded up? or is the leak in a really awkward location?

Benn
06-08-14, 03:39 PM
It is/they are/they did.

Novasport
06-08-14, 06:20 PM
Have been offered a genuine Opel GSi rad by my local dealer. I thought valeo was the genuine rad??
:tard:

Genuine rads are branded Faessa which is part of Valeo.
It is the same with the headlights, Valeo items are branded Kinby

ben doodar
07-08-14, 07:39 PM
Shocking that the tx rad has started leaking. I've noticed on the bay a few Hong Kong variations on there. Don't suppose there much better.

Definatly put me off buying 1.

+ Benn who is it you work for?

Southie
08-08-14, 04:00 AM
Here you go, downside it's in Portugal.
CLiCKYME (http://gondomar-porto.olx.pt/radiador-novo-opel-corsa-a-1302015-iid-70199558)

vxrcopey
08-08-14, 09:00 AM
Got one of eBay last week from motorfactors. Don't think it was valeo but it Arrived next day and cracking fit in car. Works slightly better than one that was in before.

Benn
08-08-14, 09:23 AM
Shocking that the tx rad has started leaking. I've noticed on the bay a few Hong Kong variations on there. Don't suppose there much better.

Definatly put me off buying 1.

+ Benn who is it you work for?

I've had two TX rads, first was from when no one knew who they where and all that did was sell stuff online from a small unit. Rad was perfect, very nice tight welds, everything fitted right and nice.
2nd rad was from when they had got bigger, did a lot more stuff, much bigger unit. Rad wasn't made by the same people that was clear. Welds where ok but not as tidy, pipes didn't have the nice rolled end bit on them.

Even tho i was told both where built in house by the same two guys.... On the 2nd call to them, the girl admitted that they not by all their rads in from somewhere... Since then i've seen they are even worse. I wont be buying another, which i'll need to soon.

Ben, i work for SES Autoparts, (formally Southern Exhaust Supplies) we're called a "super motorfactor" as we carry a "full" range of exhausts...
But we are only based in the South, Bristol being the "highest" up...

http://www.sesautoparts.co.uk/