PDA

View Full Version : Fitting corsa b steering column and rack to my nova

tfieldy9
26-05-14, 09:58 PM
Hi I'm new to the group just got myself a rolling shell. Lots work to do but I'm starting with corsa b steering column to get straight steering wheel and hydraulic power steering. Reason I'm starting here is because my mate is scrapping a corsa so got chance nick the parts I need.

so question is does it all just bolt on?
with the rack do I need change the arms to shorten or just the rod ends?
with the column does it fit or mounting need changing?

thanks if any help be great

dgbnova#1
26-05-14, 10:08 PM
Hydraulic rack ?

tfieldy9
26-05-14, 10:14 PM
The corsa my mate is braking is fluid not electric

dgbnova#1
26-05-14, 10:22 PM
I had this option but decided against it just a but old hat tbh get an eletric setup then you don't need to run pump or fluid etc pipes changing track arms the lot

tfieldy9
26-05-14, 10:25 PM
Where can I get electric for the nova? What bout the column mate? Cheers

mk1nova_rich
26-05-14, 10:29 PM
It can be done but personally I'm not convinced its worth the hassle - EPAS is the way forward if you really feel the need to have power steering in a Nova.

The rack will bolt in as a direct replacement for the Nova rack but the track rods will need shortening or swapping for Nova items - the rod ends are the same

The Corsa column is longer than a Nova one - it CAN be fitted but lots of messing about to mount it and make it look neat if fitting full interior.

Space in a Nova engine bay is restrictive for a belt driven PAS pump so a lot of people use a Saxo/106 item