PDA

View Full Version : Adding remote locking to factory central locking setup?

Spudly
26-05-14, 03:05 PM
As title peeps, in one hand i have a universal remote locking kit, in the other hand i have a nova with factory locking installed, i know i need to swap out the drivers motor for a slave motor as it isnt a motor, just a switch.

Now, where can i source a suitable motor, and im fairly sure from a brief search that the passenger side one from another nova would probably suffice, however there havent been novas in the scrappies round here for a very long time now so that isnt really an option.

I seem to recall that mk3 cavalier/astra rear door motors were the same as what i require, but im not too sure on that one, can anyone tell me for definite which vehilce and motor i want to be pillaging for the right one please:thumb:

millworm
26-05-14, 04:59 PM
My nova has factory central locking and a Gemini alarm with remote central locking and I haven't had to change anything. Just tap into the ecu

Spudly
26-05-14, 05:15 PM
Then whoever fitted it for you fitted a motor when they did it, factory central locking only has a switch on the drivers side, not a motor!

millworm
26-05-14, 05:16 PM
Will check as I'm certian it's standard

Markd89
26-05-14, 05:16 PM
I'm pretty sure i have a spare n/s motor included with the nova i just bought i'll have alook

mowgli
26-05-14, 05:26 PM
I'd imagine any gm door lock motor would be good enough.

Spudly
27-05-14, 03:51 PM
Right new head scratcher here, rcl is wired in to the control module in the passenger footwell, it fires the locking correctly for lock and unlock, we've changed the switch in the drivers door for a tested working passenger side nova motor, yet the drivers door doesn't lock or unlock with the others!
Any suggestions as to why this may be?
The rcl is powered from the power feed to the locking module, and the lock/unlock feeds from the rcl unit connect to the brown and brown/white wires on the right hand side of the control module plug!

Liam
28-05-14, 09:45 PM
I had exactly the same problem with mine the other week. I used a Vectra rear boot solenoid as I didn't have a spare Nova passenger one. Anyway, I eventually managed to work it out by taping into the passenger side 'wires' and then route some new ones to the new drivers one. Or... You could just cut and solder the drivers wires into the passenger wires if you get me. That's the only way I managed it and spent hours trying to sort it!!

Spudly
28-05-14, 11:14 PM
Hmm sounds very odd, Rob spoke to the head techy at his work today and he said something simliar actually, he said to tap into the feed on the drivers rear door and double that back to the front door, then just tape the current wiring in the drivers door away somewhere tidy!

I was dubious about this but youve now come along and said the same thing so that pretty much confirms it, unfortuantely its going to be a few weeks before i get back to the car to have another crack at it, but ill bump this thread and let you know the outcome, ta muchly :thumb:

Jack
29-05-14, 12:04 PM
Without looking at a wiring diagram, I'd figure the wires coming out the control box and going to the OSF are input wires so it won't output a lock signal on those (logically, as the OSF was originally the switch to lock the other doors). So yeah, chopping the wires over to another door output should fix that.

Surely the RCL box connects to the old OSF door wires to generate the lock signal to the standard control box though?

Spudly
30-05-14, 05:43 PM
I was doing it directly at the control module in the passenger footwell, but youve given me a good idea there though Jack, all input greatly appreciated, thank you everyone :thumb:

Damo
01-06-14, 11:51 AM
Sorry to hijack a Thread but does anyone have a wiring diagram for the standard CL/EW ecu relay jobbie? Need to know which wires are input/output for the control locking so I can tap into outputs for the alarm to work it..

damo.

Spudly
01-06-14, 01:44 PM
Brown and brown with the white stripe are your input/output iirc, the other side are black/white and black/yellow i think, its definately not those two lol

Damo
03-06-14, 04:39 PM
Hi guys im in the middle of trying to connect my alarm to the standard cl module when the wires from the alarm are connected to the brown/red and brown/white on the module it locks then immediatly unlocks even when the alarm is armed any ideas?.

Damo.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Damo
03-06-14, 10:56 PM
All sorted now guys id left the original module connected and it was conflicting with the alarm......

Damo

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk