PDA

View Full Version : painting rear window surrounds

DAFTJOHN
26-05-14, 08:27 AM
Has anyone painted their window surrounds. With the rest of the car being restored, i'm looking to make sure the surrounds look good....but don't want them to end up non factory.

dgbnova#1
26-05-14, 08:40 AM
I've seen them done but no idea of the colour used bit of trial and error prob or powder cost them how far off are you now from finishing it then john ?

scott.parker
26-05-14, 09:36 AM
http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?127734-1986-Jamaica-Yellow-1-2L-Project/page60

Use rover hurricane grey for all grey alloy surround parts, and satin black for the rear corner pieces.
Thers a picture on my yellow thread of my front drop glass dividers done in it, looks perfect.

Edit, theres the link, if you paint it at a greater distance away it may have less shine, or you could scotch brite it after to dull it?

dgbnova#1
26-05-14, 10:32 AM
I like the drop bar done looks smart

DAFTJOHN
26-05-14, 12:34 PM
I've seen them done but no idea of the colour used bit of trial and error prob or powder cost them how far off are you now from finishing it then john ?

The car is around 2-3 weeks off. They're cutting inner wings out now and fitting new ones and full front panel. Maybe have the car ready for billing but dont want to rush it.