bazzap8389
22-05-14, 10:12 AM
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/new-cars-must-black-box-3563221

bakerboy83
22-05-14, 10:19 AM
That's not cricket

scott.parker
22-05-14, 10:57 AM
More F1 technology filtering into mainstream cars..

The only way to stop it is to partition against it as a club..

88ESR
22-05-14, 11:51 AM
More F1 technology filtering into mainstream cars..

The only way to stop it is to partition against it as a club..

Quite simple..

Vote Conservative in June 2015..

Then when they offer the referendum to come out of the EU, vote yes..

Then you are not subject to EU regs..

The choice is yours...... :tard:

Jack
22-05-14, 12:07 PM
Then when they eventually offer the referendum to come out of the EU, vote yes..
lol

As said on facebook, its a bit like the old fable of the blind men feeling up the elephant. You won't get the whole picture just by looking at data feeds - if I have to do 3 emergency stops on the way to work one day because kids ran out the road or cars pulled out in front of me, does that make me a bad driver? Would it make me a better driver to flatten those kids and ram those cars?

And what happens if/when I go out on track for a day? If I can't turn the device off, do I have to keep a log of every single off-road drive I go on? If I can turn it off, surely it defies the point of the device?

[edit] And I'm guessing it keeps a relatively constant location ID on your vehicle as its said to aid with vehicle recovery. So they clearly have the ability to know exactly where your car is, nice

HarryNotts
22-05-14, 12:25 PM
Don't buy a new car?

bazzap8389
22-05-14, 12:57 PM
Don't buy a new car?

It does say you can opt out though, but insurance would be more expensive. Bang out of order IMO

marc69
22-05-14, 01:16 PM
sadly inevitable

bakerboy83
22-05-14, 01:33 PM
Insurance should stay the same for people without and go down for people with but if it goes up for people without then that's ****

Stuart
22-05-14, 01:55 PM
Its just a bad headline grab off the back of Ecall that is being implemented.

There are NO OEM requirements as yet... Lets not forget that its usually France that pushes the car "legislation" and usually they just get kicked into touch and the stuff is made an option etc... take DAB as an example.

phunkynova
22-05-14, 06:13 PM
If they did come into being it would not be long before they would be hacked !.