PDA

View Full Version : rear seat belts stuck !

jimbob-mcgrew
21-05-14, 10:07 PM
I took some rear belts out of a car to use for mine, and I went to fit them, and they wouldn't un-reel.

tried for ages jiggling/shaking/pushing/pulling them to try get them to budge, but just wound up more, until they were all the way in.

frustrating. I almost launched them across the street.

any idea's ?

burgo
21-05-14, 10:13 PM
Are they nova ones? And did you fit them to the right side?

jimbob-mcgrew
21-05-14, 10:32 PM
there astra belts, going into another astra.

couldn't fit them as they wouldn't un-wind

conza123
21-05-14, 10:35 PM
there astra belts, going into another astra.

couldn't fit them as they wouldn't un-wind
I think In the past i have taken them apart and levered the locking bit so can unravel them as they were would in to much to unravel

jimbob-mcgrew
21-05-14, 10:40 PM
I thought about trying that, but was paranoid of the internal spring going "twwwaaiinnngg" and flying out

burgo
21-05-14, 10:45 PM
Unless they are fitted in the exact orientation they were designed for they will never release properly

tommy8252
21-05-14, 10:53 PM
Got to hold them in a way that exactly mirrors their mounting position to get them to reel out.

amggsi
21-05-14, 10:58 PM
Usually when removing seat belts you should tie a knot in them to stop them winding up completely as some won't release again! Not much help for you now though!

jimbob-mcgrew
22-05-14, 02:39 AM
Unless they are fitted in the exact orientation they were designed for they will never release properly

^ oh really ? ... in that case there no good to me, as mines a vertical mount, and I remember the car they came off, they were sat at about 20 degrees

cheers. I wont waste my time with them anymore :thumb:

Novasport
22-05-14, 09:43 AM
I have some retrofit rear belts I took out of my Sport if you need a set. The mounting angle is adjustable.

craig green
22-05-14, 05:58 PM
I had this trouble in my GSi years ago, they'd recoiled with the rear quarter trims stuck in them, massive PITA.

If you can, bolt them in & then retract the belt.

mr sri
22-05-14, 07:21 PM
There's some great help here as I bought a full set of seatbelts at the weekend and they wouldn't come out but had been tied in a knot, I just held them at the angle they should be in and they've came out :thumb: even though its someone else's thread cheers for the help and info :d