PDA

View Full Version : My first nova

Aaronkildea7
21-05-14, 12:08 AM
Hello people just thought I'd pop up and say hello, I brought a nova spin 1.2 as my first car had to 2 owners from new had a new full respray and it arches already welded :) got the gte wheels on it I'm very please got good plans for it:)3

ash.blue
21-05-14, 03:44 PM
Welcome to the world of the nova's, ive had mine 3 yrs now :) .. Has a number of previous of owners, but isnt to bad of a condition. Its a low end 1.0l but Is a lovely shade of bright blue (non standard, was red) ..
Came with Gsi bumpers, skirts, spoiler aswell as badgeless grille .. Oval exhaust straight through system, sports shocks on front, sr alloys (in black) .. Sr blue/seats

So what colour you got on yours and plans, hope all goes well
Ash

Aaronkildea7
22-05-14, 11:28 AM
Mine is white:) thinking about putting cavalier slabs on mine, I want to get a straight through exhaust:) then next year I'm thinking about putting a 1.6 engine out of a corsa into mine and then put a set of carbs on it, because I believe the 1.6 goes straight into the novas :D then up grade the brakes :)

ash.blue
22-05-14, 11:53 AM
White can look nice when cleaned up with some nice bits in a good colour, ice been considering cavalier slabs in black for mine tbh (that or cessaro alloys)
The C16xe 1.6 from corsa gsi drops straight onto the original mounts, small blocks are the ones that does. Most early vauxhall engines fit even the astra mk3 does too, and also the tigra x16xe 1.6 does, but engine bay work im not 100% .. So tbh id stick with corsa (as they are same in aspects)
most parts are pretty swappable. Obviously anything bigger would require structural rework and strengthening.

Im planning on keeping the 1.0 in there for abit, then eventually doin a swap myself, but as its already got the gsi styling done id like to TRY get my hands on the Gsi 1.6

Aaronkildea7
22-05-14, 12:21 PM
Yeah it does look good when all cleaned up:) yeah my cousins got mk 1 nova with the redtop c20xe engine in it:) it's such a beast, yeah I'll either put 1.6 gsi if I can find one or I'll put a 1.6 out of the Tigra, but won't be till next year so I'll style it first think I might even chAnge the interior inside of it :) mines also got rolled aches

burgo
22-05-14, 12:35 PM
Upgrade the brakez before the engine as standard nova brakes are toss

TeddyThom
22-05-14, 12:52 PM
Welcome to the mad house.

If you need help showing your nova off go to photobucket, nice and easy to use on your pc/phone.

bazzap8389
22-05-14, 01:04 PM
Hello and welcome, get some pics up!

Aaronkildea7
22-05-14, 01:22 PM
What brakes would you put on it if it was you?:)

88ESR
22-05-14, 01:53 PM
Hello Hello.....

dgbnova#1
22-05-14, 03:23 PM
Astra Gte 256 mm brakes are a common and easy upgrade plenty around also available on cav Sri Gsi

Aaronkildea7
24-05-14, 05:32 PM
Would you change the back to discs aswell?
thanks

turbojolt
24-05-14, 05:36 PM
rear drums are fine its just the front brakes that scare the **** out of anyone going faster then 2 mph lol