PDA

View Full Version : Boot Solenoid

dccc_chap
11-09-03, 12:03 PM
Where is the best place to buy a Solenoid Kit from, and how much r they??

Cheese
11-09-03, 12:58 PM
Go to your local Maplins and pick up a solenoid for about ?9, then pick a switch that you fancy, (push button works well) and some wire and an inline fuse and thats all you need. Shouldn't cost more than ?16-17 :)

wrigleys
11-09-03, 01:34 PM
I've heard that they burn out to quick as in a couple of times,

give it a go mate it's only a few quid and I might be wrong :lol:

Cheese
11-09-03, 03:35 PM
Theyre not too bad, only burnt out one, coz a mate opened it and left the power on while he got stuff out the boot :lol:
And only ?9 to replace, so not really a major problem! :)

pickle
11-09-03, 07:31 PM
another kind is rom bad boys toys and theyare ?30 for on and ?44 for two. they are probably abit bettr than theones these lot are going on about cos these are the same as central locking motors ( probably abitstronger, andharder to burn out) and they have buttons and everything with it.id buy tw nd flus your boot and take your door handles off...... sweet.

geordie_racer
11-09-03, 10:11 PM
or go to a scrappy and get a motor off of a car with a boot pop eg vectra, or fiesta then the motor is designed for the job and shudn't burn out

?Marty?
12-09-03, 02:15 AM
or go to a scrappy and get a motor off of a car with a boot pop eg vectra, or fiesta then the motor is designed for the job and shudn't burn out

couldn't have said it better myself.

pickle
14-09-03, 06:34 PM
i have a micro scan two door central locking kit with remote, and i cat sell the fucker. can i use one of the solenoids to smooth my boot off and open the door?

novaboy_southwest
14-09-03, 07:07 PM
i got a ford one and wired it up to the rear wiper switch (wiper removed of course) took the switch apart and disconnected the washer jet side of it works ok all done at 10 oclock in the dark with no light

supernovas01
18-09-03, 05:36 PM
on special offer
visit:-
http://www.corsacentre.com/pages/specialoffers.asp?SpecialOfferOn_Off=%20True