PDA

View Full Version : e16se will not rev above 4k

ste scott
16-05-14, 10:02 PM
im after a bit of advice my gte e16se engine will not rev above 4,000 revs when under load but will rev to limiter when just sat running, have checked valve timing numerous times, changed plugs and leads injecter seals as were split, i purchased a dizzy which i told would fit this engine to try but the multiplug is different and cant seem to find one the same.

any ideas greatly appreciated as hoping to take it to pvs.

mowgli
16-05-14, 10:24 PM
your dizzy timing sounds out... remember, if you follow Haynes to set it, remember to retard it a few degrees to allow for unleaded fuel... as the book only works for leaded

ste scott
16-05-14, 10:31 PM
when i first got the car i marked the dizzy's position, it is set to that position if i turn it either way it runs worse.

mowgli
16-05-14, 11:24 PM
ok, maybe your coil or coil amplifier are shot. have you checked for air leaks, icv faults etc?

Southie
16-05-14, 11:38 PM
Also have you done a compression test on all cylinders wet and dry?

mowgli
16-05-14, 11:55 PM
it could be fuel related.. is the pump ok? have you changed the filter?

Andy
17-05-14, 05:25 AM
i have a similar problem where i cant hit the limiter.revs to 6000 then misfires.

ste scott
17-05-14, 09:21 AM
Yea changed filter fuel pump rate seems ok, have bought a compression tester so waiting for that to arrive, doesn't seem to be an air leaks and runs spot on on idle I will check coil today

Andy
17-05-14, 09:38 AM
the pumps cause alot of problems but can appear ok

Riggy
17-05-14, 10:19 AM
Have you checked the timing with a timing light or just of the crank marks ?

I'd prob go with a fuel pump issue though , not supplying enough under load , can you try another pump ?

ste scott
17-05-14, 11:11 AM
Have you checked the timing with a timing light or just of the crank marks ?

I'd prob go with a fuel pump issue though , not supplying enough under load , can you try another pump ?

Just at the marks at the moment been trying to borrow a timing light but hasn't happened
dont have another pump to try but could measure delivery rate

dgbnova#1
17-05-14, 11:16 AM
Check for Kinks in pipes as the pressure can be up but when you demand more the pipe pressure reduces and it closes up a little

pickup pipe in tank blocked ?

ste scott
17-05-14, 01:17 PM
Check for Kinks in pipes as the pressure can be up but when you demand more the pipe pressure reduces and it closes up a little

pickup pipe in tank blocked ?

spot on, the pipe from tank 2 pump was kinked replaced that adjusted dizzy set up tickover and runs like a dream thanks guys, overlooked the fuel pipes as I only changed them few months back