PDA

View Full Version : 1.2i not starting!

gtegary
16-05-14, 12:15 PM
Hi,

as the summer is here i have dragged my little nova out and she wont start. I have put fresh fuel in and changed the filter and still nothing.

she will run if petrol is poured down the manifold but other than that nothing.

i have removed the single injector and fuel is getting up to it but it seems like the injector isnt opening?

the car has only done 30k from new so im wondering what it can be? is it likely yo be the injector thats shot?

Someone did mention about crank sensor or ecu but again what is the likely hood of them being the cause?

thanks

meritlover
16-05-14, 04:59 PM
the cam sensor triggers both the injectors and the ignition so if it ran with fuel down the carb then this is ok.

its a fuel related issue, either the injector is stuck or the pump/wiring is shot.

do you hear the pump prime for a few seconds when you turn the ign on? if you dont its the pump and circuit. if you do then its the injector. split the hose at the TB and there should be about 2.5B there to rule out fuel pressure.

gtegary
17-05-14, 09:00 AM
Thanks for the response. It ended up being the injector and the pump. The rubber pipe that was on the pump (on the inside of the tank) had completely been eaten away.