PDA

View Full Version : egr valve?

mr sri
15-05-14, 09:19 PM
Can I remove the egr valve from my 1.4 16v and if I can will it make any difference to the way it runs? Any helps welcome

Southie
15-05-14, 09:27 PM
Can I remove the egr valve from my 1.4 16v and if I can will it make any difference to the way it runs? Any helps welcome
Have a read of this, the main reason for people doing it is when fitting an aftermarket inlet:
CLICKYME (http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/engines-transmission/389939-how-egr-blanking-x14xe-x16xe.html)

Stuart
15-05-14, 10:05 PM
In reality it won't give you any more power, but it will keep the inlet cleaner and be one less thing to go wrong.

meritlover
15-05-14, 10:08 PM
No, but it will be hurtful to the environment.

L14MNP
15-05-14, 10:29 PM
No, but it will be hurtful to the environment.

Please consider our beautiful planet.

It would clearly* be best for everyone and everything if he bought a brand new car with free road tax.

mr sri
16-05-14, 08:27 AM
Cheers guys for the replys as when we tried to fit my engine the egr valve was looking as if it was going to foul the radiator, ocht well looks like I may as well sell the nova and buy a tree hugging hippy car hahaha eh no straight through pipe for me lol

meritlover
16-05-14, 05:28 PM
Please consider our beautiful planet.

It would clearly* be best for everyone and everything if he bought a brand new car with free road tax.

no need to be like that. i was only explaining why it was there. Most people dont understand EGR.