PDA

View Full Version : silicone hoses makers

bakerboy83
15-05-14, 06:26 PM
Has anyone had any experience with these two silicone hoses makers ,JS Performance and Roose Motorsport. Just wondering because the JS hoses are £30 cheeper would people say the Roose ones are worth the extra cash
cheers

turbodrew1
15-05-14, 11:04 PM
Iv got full Roose kit, cost me about 600 all in. They are good hoses worth the extra imo

bakerboy83
15-05-14, 11:26 PM
Wow £600 on hoses and I thought £170 was a lot lol. I was thinking this was a stupid post surely a silicone hoses is a silicone hoses anyway been having a little google on it both seem to be good makers unless anyone can tell me other wise I'm going to go for the JS hoses

Stuart
16-05-14, 08:17 AM
The silly cheap ones will be China specials (the expensive ones might be too). You can get them made for less if you can be bothered to hunt down the manufacturer.

Benn
16-05-14, 08:50 AM
All mine are Roose. Most are very good, the turbo feed one was utter sh*te tho and i have to send them mine to use as a template to get it to fit.

Iain
16-05-14, 10:59 AM
Also happy with my Roose hoses but no experience of JS, other cheaper separate hoses I've bought off eBay etc seem just as good on the surface.

L33 LEG
16-05-14, 11:09 AM
No complaints with my Roose hoses. They are for sale as well if you've got a c14/16 engine and probs most small blocks.

Jack
16-05-14, 12:13 PM
Roose are decent. Also try looking up Stoney Racing, they do some cheap silicone stuff, a lot of the jap boys love them. Not sure if they do any GM kits but I know they do custom minimum-number/group buy runs so they may be able to come up with something.

Shamish82
16-05-14, 01:19 PM
only complaint with roose was they ask me to send my standard hoses down for ma vectra c turbo, so never bother its a daily

8valve-craig
16-05-14, 01:31 PM
You wont go far wrong with Roose parts. They often need a little trimming, but thats far better than not being long enough. He's making me up some custom hoses at the moment too so il re-post when they arrive to say how it went.

Just to throw a curve ball in, I was in the paddock at Thruxton last weekend for the BTCC. A fair few cars had JS hoses fitted.

bakerboy83
16-05-14, 05:49 PM
I know you can go off a pic too much but the JS ones do look good and if they are good enough for BTCC then good enough for me when I get the pennys together I'm going to grab some and I'll dig this thread up and say what I think.
So of guys talk of have them made up I was just looking at a set made for c20xe in a nova