PDA

View Full Version : Indoor / Outdoor car covers for Nova hatch.

8valve-craig
08-05-14, 10:14 AM
I would imagine a fair few of us cover our cars, both indoors and outdoors, so hopefully a collective of good and bad experiences with different car covers will follow.

I'm currently covering my Nova hatch indoors with sheets, but thats a pain and i often leave them off. The trouble is that i cant leave the door open anymore without people gathering at the entrance wanting to talk about the car, something which i rarely have time to do so looking for a single cover which will fit nicely.

Ideally it would be waterproof so i can use it when transporting the car also, but thats not essential as it will be predominantly an indoor cover.

All experiences and comments welcome.

scott.parker
08-05-14, 10:30 AM
Ive got and have used on both my hatchback novas a small car cover from Halfords of all places, its a waterproof breathable material with a light microfiber lining, i sometimes use it to cover the car before shows to keep dirt off so i don't need to clean or polish it again etc, iirc there about £35 but im sure you could get similar for less, the reason i bought it is because i could see and feel it in the shop before buying it.
Also for me due to its light weight construction im less worried about any corner ware when on the car, though personally i hardly leave it on because of possible scratching etc.

novalew
08-05-14, 12:22 PM
I can vouch for the halfords one. I bought the size up from what I need but I paid 60

8valve-craig
08-05-14, 01:00 PM
Thanks il pop over and have a look at one in a min as i work accross the road. It might even be a steal on the trade card?

Benn
08-05-14, 02:39 PM
I think mines a Halfolds one, it's got a kinda fur lining. Which is great to keep the body safe.

Pistol Pete
08-05-14, 05:20 PM
I have a similar one to Benn by the sounds of it. Bought off ebay.

Novasport
08-05-14, 06:05 PM
I bought a water resistant breathable cover off ebay which is fairly soft then I bought a fully waterproof breathable cover with vents, again from ebay. Both covers cost about £50-60 all in and keep my car totally dry when used together, even in torrential rain.
I tuck it into the wheel arches so it does not flap around but I put straps over it and spring clamps under the bumpers which holds it whatever the weather.

L14MNP
15-05-14, 03:51 PM
I remember seeing this thread, when it was posted.
I ordered a custom made indoor cover, a few weeks later and it has just arrived today.

Not a Nova, but still relevant, as I know how hard it is to find a decent cover.

http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/ae221/l14mnp/20140515_133939_zpsdbc24bca.jpg
http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/ae221/l14mnp/20140515_133558_zps40293f32.jpg

Unsure if the lad does them for a Nova, but imo, if you see any that will fit a Nova and they are made of the same stuff, then you won't find better.

Benn
15-05-14, 04:27 PM
Love that!