PDA

View Full Version : 1.3 SR starting issues

Lilrolo
05-05-14, 11:36 PM
Hi all, new to the forum here and there looks like there's plenty to keep me busy with my 1.3 SR project.

unfortunately I brought her as a none runner, just kept turning over until some fresh fuel got in the system and BAM! 5 seconds later cut out and insists on just turning over again.

on closer inspection, after replacing coil, leads, plugs, dizzy cap and ignition module, I seem to have no spark at plugs 1 & 3, sometimes a very faint flicker on the first turn of the key but other than that nothing.

I have replaced the fuel filter and cleaned the carb out but no luck.

I really hope you Nova heads can help me out or point me in the right direction at all.

thanks, Ste.

millworm
05-05-14, 11:39 PM
have you replaced the actual dizzy it's self? and check ignition module also.

Lilrolo
05-05-14, 11:48 PM
Yes sorry, ignition module replaced. I haven't replaced the dizzy itself no, just parts for it.

gets so close to starting but never does, I've even advanced it to see if that helped but no good.

millworm
05-05-14, 11:51 PM
had the same problem with my 1.2 ended up with a whole new dizzy as it was knackered stopping it from starting

Lilrolo
05-05-14, 11:55 PM
I shall try and source one, any idea of best places to look at all?

cheers

millworm
05-05-14, 11:57 PM
ebay all day long or on here, you can get new ones on ebay as well

Lilrolo
06-05-14, 12:00 AM
I've just spotted one bidding on eBay but for a 1.3 cavalier it says, they do look the same as the nova.

millworm
06-05-14, 12:05 AM
if it's the one i can see it should be ok, wouldn't hurt to whip yours off and double check what drive the cam is as it could be slot drive or pin drive

dgbnova#1
06-05-14, 12:49 AM
As above had same on 1.2 single point and by chance had a spare in my van that was following me swoped it out and ran spot on worth a try