PDA

View Full Version : Knee problems??

ocdstigy
05-05-14, 01:55 PM
Anybody on here suffering with problems or have overcome/been diagnosed with any issues......?

First doctor appointment has been made,i'm 28 and can sit for 10minutes or 10 hours,regardless of time iam struggling to get from a knee bent position to standing up,pissedoff.com!!!!!

Feels like i need WD40 in there lol lol anyway just curious to hear any stories from people that have had problems? This is not due to an accident or anything.

I have been Detailing for 11 years,one would assume it is repetitive strain bollocks,rant rant rant lol

and no iam not looking for a diagnosis lol

Andy
05-05-14, 02:17 PM
kneel down without pads?

ocdstigy
05-05-14, 02:19 PM
kneel down without pads?

No,always had work trousers with pads in,i beg to differ how good they are though!!

jonn
05-05-14, 04:20 PM
i have a similar problem and i am 20, if i am kneeling down even with pads after a while i get pains in my knees, i also get pains in my feet when in work i think its falling arches. its not fun getting old! i never bothered going to the doctor as it only happens when i kneel down so i try and avoid doing that.

mowgli
05-05-14, 04:27 PM
what regular exercise do you do? it could be that your ligaments are tightening up & need stretching. it can happen to people who have leg breaks, which means their leg is stuck in one position for a long time.. I suggest getting a little chair/stool to sit on instead of kneeling.

ocdstigy
05-05-14, 05:28 PM
i have a similar problem and i am 20, if i am kneeling down even with pads after a while i get pains in my knees, i also get pains in my feet when in work i think its falling arches. its not fun getting old! i never bothered going to the doctor as it only happens when i kneel down so i try and avoid doing that.

Getting old? Your a spring chicken lol!!!!!

what regular exercise do you do? it could be that your ligaments are tightening up & need stretching. it can happen to people who have leg breaks, which means their leg is stuck in one position for a long time.. I suggest getting a little chair/stool to sit on instead of kneeling.

I get regular exercise walking the dog,i do jog on the odd occasion,by no means am i a fitness freak,i will try a stool/chair and see how that goes,thanks!

I can't even bang a whore without my knees getting sore lol lol lol

88ESR
05-05-14, 06:05 PM
I was a mechanic for 15 years and didn't use any protection on my knees ( 1980s so nobody did really)..

Anyway, both my knees are pretty knackered as a result..

I get plenty of exercise with my job now but find it harder (knee painwise) to go downstairs rather than up..

I've never been to the doctors with it and have just (as someone else suggested) tried to minimise the kneeling..

A few friends at work have had surgery and it has helped but I don't think I'm there yet..

mowgli
05-05-14, 06:38 PM
op, I suggest you try some cycling or swimming, as its a low impact exercise that will make your knees extend to their full movement. a good exercise when I smashed my left knee up in a car crash was to sit on the floor, with a been can under my heel & extend & pull back my leg. I did this an awful lot, cos I was determined to walk in 2 months, not the 3 the quacks said, as I was getting married.

NitrousVaux
05-05-14, 06:39 PM
have suffered from knee problems and ankle problems for a while. moderately active but turns out to be gout. so its like arthritis for me.

ocdstigy
06-05-14, 08:00 AM
op, I suggest you try some cycling or swimming, as its a low impact exercise that will make your knees extend to their full movement. a good exercise when I smashed my left knee up in a car crash was to sit on the floor, with a been can under my heel & extend & pull back my leg. I did this an awful lot, cos I was determined to walk in 2 months, not the 3 the quacks said, as I was getting married.

I certainly give this a try,i'll be shovelling the cobwebs of the good 'ole bicycle!!

Sat here on the laptop for 25mins at the kitchen table,my knees are astonishingly sore it is almost unbareable,standing up could be interesting!!!

jimbob-mcgrew
07-05-14, 02:28 AM
I used to be able to sit in all-sorts of random positions for hours. cant even do 5 mins these days without stumbling off like an old granddad

I hear swimming works wonders for all sorts of muscle / tendon / ligament issues.

but if you have cartilidge or fluid issues, id look into cleaning up your diet, to help build what your body needs.

ocdstigy
07-05-14, 02:00 PM
i have been swimming twice now,not sure how long until i would see a difference,but climbing out the pool was embarassing,my right knee more so is suffering big time :/

You may be on the money with cartilidge issues Jim!

It is frustrating me quite a bit now,if i kneel on my knees for 10seconds,i have to grab on to something to get up........ however i took the pooch a walk earlier had a wee jog and my knees didnt hurt?!

Andy
07-05-14, 02:05 PM
you tried cod liver oil?
that's the bodys wd lol

dgbnova#1
07-05-14, 02:07 PM
See your doctor he/she can put you on water tablets like frosomide not sure that's correct but worth a go see if it's just water pressure also sleep with your feet up on a pillow so the water runs back and you should pee like a race horse then could just be as simple as that

ocdstigy
08-05-14, 01:16 PM
See your doctor he/she can put you on water tablets like frosomide not sure that's correct but worth a go see if it's just water pressure also sleep with your feet up on a pillow so the water runs back and you should pee like a race horse then could just be as simple as that

Excellent i will bring that up with the doctor,cheers!

Jeff16v
10-05-14, 08:23 PM
have you got fluid in at the back of the knee. feel the back of the leg behind the knee on both legs. A tear in the meniscus will leak fluid behind the knee and cause a lot of pain. its normally caused by a strain. have you had the leg give way?

meritlover
10-05-14, 08:29 PM
i damaged my crucial figament and had some habiscus fluid floating around my falopian cartinage. i think i had my knee down too far on my bicycle and i ground it away. It's terribly annoying but luckily it does not prevent me from operating a computer.

mowgli
11-05-14, 01:36 PM
ML, it appears to be a urinary removal issue.......

ocdstigy
14-05-14, 09:07 AM
have you got fluid in at the back of the knee. feel the back of the leg behind the knee on both legs. A tear in the meniscus will leak fluid behind the knee and cause a lot of pain. its normally caused by a strain. have you had the leg give way?

my leg has given way a worringy amount of times :( when you say feel for fluid? spongey? tendor?etc/

Jeff16v
14-05-14, 10:11 AM
my leg has given way a worringy amount of times :( when you say feel for fluid? spongey? tendor?etc/

on the back of your leg where the knee cap is, is one side slightly puffy'er. what tends to happen with a tear is that the fliud inside the knee that acts a a shock absorber fliud leaks through the miniscus tear into the back of the knee leaving less fliud and causing infection and dryness around the front of the joint and therefore rubbing and pain.

if the leg gives way you have either got a tear or completly destroyed the miniscus. an MRi will determine whether this has happended. the GP will probably want to send for sports injury\phsyio first, but only an MRI can prove damage.

if it a new injury they can repair the tear, if its an old injury they can only trim the damge and re-postion the minuscus. the miniscus will fray after being damaged for along time.

I filmed my surgery and will upload it to youtube so you can see what happens with a trim.

ocdstigy
14-05-14, 11:22 AM
on the back of your leg where the knee cap is, is one side slightly puffy'er. what tends to happen with a tear is that the fliud inside the knee that acts a a shock absorber fliud leaks through the miniscus tear into the back of the knee leaving less fliud and causing infection and dryness around the front of the joint and therefore rubbing and pain.

if the leg gives way you have either got a tear or completly destroyed the miniscus. an MRi will determine whether this has happended. the GP will probably want to send for sports injury\phsyio first, but only an MRI can prove damage.

if it a new injury they can repair the tear, if its an old injury they can only trim the damge and re-postion the minuscus. the miniscus will fray after being damaged for along time.

I filmed my surgery and will upload it to youtube so you can see what happens with a trim.

Thanks for the advice buddy! it does seem to be after being involved in a car accident,it wasnt instantly obvious though,few months later!

it is more my right knee than the other,but right now sat at kitchen table,typing away knee at 90degree angle im almost screaming the roof down!

Also while sleeping 2 nights ago i bent my knee from straight position to 90 degree and it felt like cramp from my knee up to my inner thigh,sort of like a dead leg but with a seriously tight feeling,i could not move,thought i was going to have to get an ambulance!!

The video would be cool to see,i might need my missus to hold my hand though lol lol lol lol lol

dgbnova#1
14-05-14, 11:27 AM
His long ago was the crash as you could Possably claim over it ?

Shamish82
14-05-14, 12:31 PM
Always tempted to watch these videos but can't. Crawling about hard floors painting skirtings done mine in and last week finished off falling of the barins scooter smashing ma knee into the concrete path. My nephew found it funny he nearly pissed himself. Having a nurse is handy to provide the support you need (not) lol