PDA

View Full Version : 2ltrs with a box around it

pickle
10-09-03, 07:24 PM
i see all these nova's 2tlr and higher conversions and i have noticed mot have boxe's round them to neaten themup, is this a sertain type of engin or is it just a cover as i would like one when i get my 2ltr! if u dont know what i mean, it's like ste sa's nova 2ltr conversion engine.

Aragorn
10-09-03, 10:30 PM
thats the rocker cover/spark plug cover

the engine is the same basic layout as a nova GTE engine but it "looks" neater cos the head is wider (being 16v) and everything else is hidden under that SFi box

16v head is twice as wide as the 8v head (give or take) which is why it looks bigger

Ben
10-09-03, 10:55 PM
Twice as wide as have two cams as opposed to the 8v's having one.

Ste_Nova
11-09-03, 10:07 AM
good excuse for a pic

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/psc/imageup/1063271342__nova4xxxx.jpg

brian
11-09-03, 05:52 PM
perhaps yer on about the black box up the back on a let? (2L turbo)

pickle
11-09-03, 06:44 PM
thanks lads. naaaa dont mean the blacbox,i did mean the cover for theengine. that hids all the wires and stuff. like ste a's picture p aboe.the silver and red cver! wll nic. so u just buy these covers do u? how much please?

pickle
11-09-03, 06:44 PM
thanks lads. naaaa dont mean the blacbox,i did mean the cover for theengine. that hids all the wires and stuff. like ste a's picture p aboe.the silver and red cver! wll nic. so u just buy these covers do u? how much please?

pickle
11-09-03, 06:45 PM
thanks lads. naaaa i dont mean the blacbox,i did mean the cover for theengine. that hids all the wires and stuff. like ste a's picture p aboe.the silver and red cver! wll nic. so u just buy these covers do u? how much please?

Chip_RB
11-09-03, 08:01 PM
That rocker cover is an integral part of the engine and is completely standard, so you dont have to pay for it, ALL xe engines have it as standard.

Chip

Aragorn
11-09-03, 10:55 PM
as i said the wires etc are all still there just hidden from view cos the head and rocker box are much bigger on the 16v engines