PDA

View Full Version : Compensation or walk away?

DAFTJOHN
02-05-14, 03:11 PM
I bought a car, but decided I didn't like it. So I agreed to trade it in against a used Audi. When I was doing the deal I told them I had no V5C, as it was away getting changed to my name. They said this is fine and for security they would hold one key until I handed the V5 into them....

I went to collect and this all changed. 4 hours later, I left the dealers without the new car. The manager said their policy is not to take a car in without a V5.

They've offered compensation, I said I'll have to consider if I want to continue the deal...so assuming I can't find a car elsewhere. What would be good compensation for 4 hours of my time, having to change the insurance back, £26 x 2 and something to sweeten the deal.

Not even sure I want to continue to use them

EwanG
02-05-14, 04:45 PM
Tbh John I wouldn't buy a car without a v5 but they shouldn't of said they would take it without it in the first place. You could check with trading standards and see what they say about the situation. You have to ask yourself is the price for the new car a good deal compared to elsewhere. If so stick with it and ask for £200 off to cover the insurance,your fuel and time. If you don't ask you don't get!

DAFTJOHN
02-05-14, 05:11 PM
Yeah it's 2k cheaper. I have the new keeper slip, just not the full document. I'll see what they cone back with.

EwanG
02-05-14, 05:20 PM
What make/model of Audi you buying? If its 2k cheaper then that's great! But if they have offered compensation then take a bit of that aswell! Best of luck mate!

DAFTJOHN
02-05-14, 05:27 PM
Going for a4 s line

EwanG
02-05-14, 05:30 PM
S lines are very nice. You cant beat German quality. I have had a mk5 golf tdi for 6 years now (hopefully gona last me another 4 lol). I wouldn't buy anything else but german after my experience.

DAFTJOHN
02-05-14, 06:12 PM
Id love to keep a car 10 years but im doing 25k a year

DAFTJOHN
02-05-14, 06:20 PM
Id love to keep a car 10 years but im doing 25k a year

dgbnova#1
02-05-14, 08:41 PM
Very odd situation will they wait till the v5 arrives then take the other car in and £200 compo if that covers your hastle

novag51
03-05-14, 06:25 AM
John, I've just had an unpleasant encounter with a garage in bishopbrigs and Kirkintilloch. That wouldn't be where you were without naming the garage? If so walk away, they are kiniving crooked *****!