PDA

View Full Version : What's the best wax ?

kevster
01-05-14, 11:11 PM
What's the best wax to use on a light blue paint . . ?

Also what brand would you recommend ?

Thanks Kev

millworm
01-05-14, 11:41 PM
Dodo juice, purple haze

Vlietje
02-05-14, 05:13 AM
I use Smartwax products, first two coats of Smartwax sealer and on top one coat Smartwax carnauba for extra shine.

burgo
02-05-14, 07:24 AM
Stuff wax. Look into g-techniq exo

nova.mike
02-05-14, 03:51 PM
Poorboys.

Kev Turbo
02-05-14, 06:45 PM
Collonite 476 - cheap and very hard wearing!

A classic wax!!!

Southie
02-05-14, 08:23 PM
Off topic and it may sound bizarre but how are you lot washing your cars to get a decent finish before putting a good/expensive wax on?

The amount of old grease and film on our car would take some hand cleaning due to the wife parking under a blossom tree at work, the sap has made it look dull... I could high power wash with a heated jet wash but I don't think it would help!!!

All the suggestions of good wax will help me on the quest for our "cough" Ford lol

burgo
03-05-14, 02:50 AM
Jet wash - snow foam - jet wash. Then inspect it and see if it needs more. If snow foam isnt enough then a microfibre wash mit and two bucket method and wash in straight lines along te length of the car, never up and down or round and round

Jack
03-05-14, 10:56 AM
Clay bar then cut/polish/wax. May need a few goes to clean the paint up properly

ocdstigy
05-05-14, 02:01 PM
Wax on a light colour car dosn't give very good lcairty and depth!

Use a paint sealent........... Auto finesse - tough coat!

You will never look back!

ocdstigy
05-05-14, 02:22 PM
clarity lol

Kev Turbo
06-05-14, 11:51 AM
Wax on a light colour car dosn't give very good lcairty and depth!

Use a paint sealent........... Auto finesse - tough coat!

You will never look back!

I am dying to get a bottle of that shipped out to Dubai, Sadly no one has been able to help me yet! Read up on it and it seems like fantastic stuff.

ocdstigy
06-05-14, 03:57 PM
I am dying to get a bottle of that shipped out to Dubai, Sadly no one has been able to help me yet! Read up on it and it seems like fantastic stuff.

If i can help i will mate? Send me a pm!! It really is a fantastic product,been part of my arsenal for a good year now and never fails to impress!

Stuart
06-05-14, 04:39 PM
Collonite 476 - cheap and very hard wearing!

A classic wax!!!

THIS!!!
OK its not really shiney but it will last a year (if you dont wash the car more than twice lol ) :) its the lazy *******s option

ocdstigy
08-05-14, 08:53 AM
THIS!!!
OK its not really shiney but it will last a year (if you dont wash the car more than twice lol ) :) its the lazy *******s option

It's only as good as the prep work to be honest!

Kev Turbo
08-05-14, 09:50 AM
If i can help i will mate? Send me a pm!! It really is a fantastic product,been part of my arsenal for a good year now and never fails to impress!
Get yourself over on a holiday ;)

ocdstigy
08-05-14, 01:12 PM
Get yourself over on a holiday ;)

Don't tempt me haha! Can it not be posted over though?

Kev Turbo
08-05-14, 01:59 PM
It more than likely could be. No company will facilitate this for me though and I wouldn't know what it would cost?

Benn
08-05-14, 03:08 PM
THere are so many.

It's all down to your tastes and likes.

I love the Dodo Juice purple haze is great. But i find hard to buff off. GReat finish and lasts ages too. Just hard work.

I still love the Meguiars range. Easy on and off, lasts long. Gives a great finish.

ocdstigy
08-05-14, 04:16 PM
It more than likely could be. No company will facilitate this for me though and I wouldn't know what it would cost?

Let me make some enquiries for you ;)

THere are so many.

It's all down to your tastes and likes.

I love the Dodo Juice purple haze is great. But i find hard to buff off. GReat finish and lasts ages too. Just hard work.

I still love the Meguiars range. Easy on and off, lasts long. Gives a great finish.

Yes it is a hard wax,not the best product to remove.

Meguiars are good,i still use them after 9years,not all products but quite a few,there tyre shine is amazing!

Kev Turbo
08-05-14, 06:39 PM
Let me make some enquiries for you ;)

Your a gent!

Yes it is a hard wax,not the best product to remove.

Meguiars are good,i still use them after 9years,not all products but quite a few,there tyre shine is amazing!

Meguiars endurance tyre gel is awesome - we can get that out here!

burgo
09-05-14, 02:27 AM
Saw a video yesterday about g-techniq's new crystal serum. Get that stuff wrong you have to wet flat it off

Benn
09-05-14, 09:06 AM
^ Some of there stuff is fantastic. Other stuff is a nightmare putting on or off... And it can some times look hazey not matter what you do.

ocdstigy
09-05-14, 04:41 PM
Your a gent!

Meguiars endurance tyre gel is awesome - we can get that out here!

Smells good :D No problem at all,i will do what i can to get it out to you :)