PDA

View Full Version : misfire at the limiter e/c/z16se

Andy
01-05-14, 07:26 PM
as title,my grasser has a misfire sounding like valve bounce just before the limiter both standstill and under load.
Engine is a z/c/16se hybrid using siemens/bosch electrical gear on a dizzy.
Engine is new,new head,rings,bearings etc.pipework all ok,no splits to my findings.Fuel-should be good,good all the way up to this point.
Coil-tested and secondary windings poor,so replaced with a good un,still the same.Spark plugs are new,leads ARE used however.
Any other ideas,heres a video when spud loads it for me........

http://i916.photobucket.com/albums/ad5/spudly16v/Mobile%20Uploads/th_VID-20140501-WA0002_zps5a6jdg7x.jpg (http://i916.photobucket.com/albums/ad5/spudly16v/Mobile%20Uploads/VID-20140501-WA0002_zps5a6jdg7x.mp4)

Andy
01-05-14, 07:54 PM
vid added.thanks spud.

Damo
01-05-14, 09:05 PM
Sounds like its on the limiter an the rev counters trying to catch up if that makes sense.

engine sounds nice an crisp too.

damo.

Southie
01-05-14, 09:46 PM
My old sr had no limiter on it, it was eventually a nightmare when I had the bike carbs on as it went to 8k... Eventually I snapped a follower thus making it sound like an Impreza lol

Andy
01-05-14, 10:11 PM
Standard guise tho chaps as per the rules!

Southie
02-05-14, 05:31 PM
Standard guise tho chaps as per the rules!
What cam is it Andy, are you sure it's definitely the standard one?
Also what fuel pump? Still standard? Maybe a lack of fuel at higher revs.

What condition are the injectors in?

Andy
02-05-14, 06:35 PM
Standard cam,standard fuel pump- I did think of the fuel pump actually but it does sound ok.
Injectors were ultrasonically cleaned mid build,i didn't test them however.

Southie
02-05-14, 08:11 PM
Standard cam,standard fuel pump- I did think of the fuel pump actually but it does sound ok.
Injectors were ultrasonically cleaned mid build,i didn't test them however.
Have you another set of injectors to try?

Also have you checked your timing belt as it maybe stretching and I'd hate for it to snap :(

What colour are you plugs going out of interest?

Andy
02-05-14, 10:00 PM
not had a look at plugs yet actually.Timing belt is fine aye.
I have another set of injectors yes but I was sorta thinking it be more electrical related??

Southie
02-05-14, 11:44 PM
not had a look at plugs yet actually.Timing belt is fine aye.
I have another set of injectors yes but I was sorta thinking it be more electrical related??
Wip out the plugs first to see if they're are all okay then take it from there.

millworm
02-05-14, 11:50 PM
advance on the dizzy not kicking in?

mowgli
03-05-14, 01:09 AM
there isn't one as such.

there will be a pre-programmed/set circuit board in the ignition ecu, on the bulkhead, that controls the advance

Andy
14-05-15, 06:57 PM
Resurrecting this for fresh ideas and input...
Somebody said to me that the siemens ecu limiter sounds like this but im not convinced.iv owned a gte before and it used to bang off the limiter easily.Any suggestions as to why it doesnt hit the limiter properly? Dizzy timing? Faulty ecu?
As said everything else is fine and it pulls just as well as the others.
Every little bit of power helps me remember when were all so evenly matched lol

Andy
16-05-15, 12:47 PM
Anybody?

Royston
16-05-15, 01:57 PM
My OMEX rev limiter caused a misfire on my Sport intermittently, but also at high revs/load, stopped when I disabled it

Not sure what you have fitted.......

Andy
16-05-15, 08:56 PM
Standard siemens gear