PDA

View Full Version : Trusted courier for UK delivery............

ocdstigy
29-04-14, 12:35 PM
Hi all,i'm sure we have all heard horror stories about couriers in our time,

Iam looking for some information/recommendations regarding a good company that would pick up and deliver ecu's for me on a bi-weekly basis throughout the UK,i would be looking for them to offer an insurance to cover 'lost parcels' breakages etc...........

So.............who to avoid? who to enquire about?

Discuss.

Connor
29-04-14, 12:38 PM
We use interlink at my work and send out 10-20 parcels daily and worldwide with no issues yet.
You would need to pay out for special insurance on them as they normally insure it per kg, as ecu's would be insured for about £20 lol

ocdstigy
29-04-14, 12:41 PM
We use interlink at my work and send out 10-20 parcels daily and worldwide with no issues yet.
You would need to pay out for special insurance on them as they normally insure it per kg, as ecu's would be insured for about £20 lol

Thanks Connor!

I will certainly have a look in to them mate!!

Jack
29-04-14, 01:33 PM
From a customer point of view (as in, receiving parcels), Interlink have been good to me. UPS and FedEx are the best I've ever used.

Worst IMO is Citilink, closely followed by My Hermes. Inaccurate tracking, if any, and the dispatchers don't have a clue where their consignments/drivers/vans/anything is, ever. Its like parcels fall into a black hole when they get picked up then randomly pop out somewhere else in the universe. Spaghettified as well lol

Andy
29-04-14, 02:07 PM
people call them but iv never had a problem with yodel.
proper horror stuff out there though

Stuart
29-04-14, 04:17 PM
UPS

Transglobalpremium are a good interface to the couriers, decent prices etc. Where I used to work had a UPS account and due to the volume being too low (still a few items a day) it was double what TGP would quote for a UPS deal.
The only pain in the ass, is that UPS dont have many convinient depots round the UK for people to collect from lol

I'm guessing you are into postal remapping stuff for muppets? :)

Alex J
29-04-14, 06:58 PM
Im a courier and Ive worked for most, i currently work for parcel force, i would say either Ups , Dpd (they have the best system) or parcel force..

mowgli
29-04-14, 09:45 PM
UPS

Transglobalpremium are a good interface to the couriers, decent prices etc. Where I used to work had a UPS account and due to the volume being too low (still a few items a day) it was double what TGP would quote for a UPS deal.
The only pain in the ass, is that UPS dont have many convinient depots round the UK for people to collect from lol

UPS are running a local drop off/collect network from shops/other businesses, it is fairly handy for me as I usually work late & my mrs is now working day shifts only... but then I arranged UPS to collect an item from Bromley to drop off at my local shop, with text notification & it took them a month to manage it, and I never received the notification, I just kept visiting the shop every couple of days to see if it arrived, then I emailed UPS and told them i'll never use them again.

ocdstigy
30-04-14, 10:59 AM
UPS

You guess wrong,i use CMD/DIMSPORT/TITANIUM obd,bdm,tri-core,chip tuning,there are some clients in England that will want to send me some ecu's........ :)

Thank you for the information!

Stuart
30-04-14, 12:49 PM
not wrong, just a different terminology for customer lol
I have recently joined a BMW forum, its horrid, they all rub themselves silly over remapping their diesels...... Knowing far too much that I do about Diesel ecu software its fun waiting for them to nuke the pump or other expensive bits of their engine :)

Iain
30-04-14, 12:54 PM
Very pleased with the faultless deliveries from UPS recently, I always use them when I can

I currently hate Parcelforce, useless people.

Alex J
01-05-14, 07:51 AM
Very pleased with the faultless deliveries from UPS recently, I always use them when I can

I currently hate Parcelforce, useless people.http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140306235947/clubpenguinpookie/images/3/32/Grumpy_Cat_Good.jpg

ocdstigy
01-05-14, 09:05 AM
not wrong, just a different terminology for customer lol
I have recently joined a BMW forum, its horrid, they all rub themselves silly over remapping their diesels...... Knowing far too much that I do about Diesel ecu software its fun waiting for them to nuke the pump or other expensive bits of their engine :)

I have seen some interesting posts on the tdi-forums,bloody everybody is an expert on the edc15's,is my egr removed correctly,is my smoke map done correctly,good god!!

Do you tune at all?

Stuart
01-05-14, 09:19 AM
I have seen some interesting posts on the tdi-forums,bloody everybody is an expert on the edc15's,is my egr removed correctly,is my smoke map done correctly,good god!!

Do you tune at all?

I used to mess about with Transit/Defender stuff when I had the tools and access to the sourcecode/build environment lol

Now only with aftermarket ECU's to a lesser extent some limited scope software on the vx220 2.2 ecu as there is a chap in holland who wrote his own software (complete, not maps).
Deleting the EGR from teh 1 series would be the only thing I'd like to do, purely from a lazy maintenance point of view though rather than the claims of 10bhp gains on the bmw forums lmao

Johnny A
01-05-14, 09:32 AM
Glad to see some positive feedback for UPS, I have been one of their drivers for over 6 years now.

Connor
01-05-14, 09:49 AM
Can't knock UPS, we use them for our big overseas parcels, especially to Australia and south Africa as they are the cheapest.
Only reason we use interlink as out primary courier is that they offered the best flat rate for parcels for everyday.

ocdstigy
01-05-14, 01:39 PM
I used to mess about with Transit/Defender stuff when I had the tools and access to the sourcecode/build environment lol

Now only with aftermarket ECU's to a lesser extent some limited scope software on the vx220 2.2 ecu as there is a chap in holland who wrote his own software (complete, not maps).
Deleting the EGR from teh 1 series would be the only thing I'd like to do, purely from a lazy maintenance point of view though rather than the claims of 10bhp gains on the bmw forums lmao

Excellent!

Yes i actually read this on a forum earlier about 10bhp gains from deleting the EGR lol lol

Andy
01-05-14, 06:42 PM
Add a k+n,and a backbox,hey presto-40bhp! lol

Alex J
01-05-14, 06:57 PM
Glad to see some positive feedback for UPS, I have been one of their drivers for over 6 years now.as an employed or owner driver??

Bubba
15-05-14, 08:27 PM
if its a business we use tuffnells. i think in 6 years they've lost 3 items. you get the odd missrouted but its all tracked etc.