PDA

View Full Version : Wheel bearing

bakerboy83
27-04-14, 09:25 AM
Hi some of you may have seen my add to sell my nova luckily had no takers from this site just a few people off gumtree wanting swops. Like I say lucky for me as I never really wanted to sell anyway.

So I need new wheel bearing alround and backs are easy as it's all standard, but fronts I was told 2.0 16v breaks but that's all I know me and a mate are going to change the pads next weekend and hopefully from that we will find out what bearing I need.

Does anyone have any advice on this? Wheels are 4 stud I'm no mechanic so have no idea on this sort of thing
thanks if anyone has any input :thumb:

dgbnova#1
27-04-14, 09:43 AM
What engine is it running even the big block hub conversions run standard bearings most of the time what engine is it ?

bakerboy83
27-04-14, 09:44 AM
Redtop mate

dgbnova#1
27-04-14, 09:50 AM
Just seen that do you know if it's big block cv on the outside I would have thought it's a standard bearing tbh only diff ones are Audi/golf converted hubs and there SPECAL MAde to order just standard ones I would say and all models are the same Gsi Gte etc no diff

bakerboy83
27-04-14, 09:57 AM
I don't know about the cv but yea prob standard ones then thanks for you help I'll just get standard ones haven't looked at prices yet but can't be much you say they are all the same "gsi gte etc" does that include 1.2 Merritt ???

dgbnova#1
27-04-14, 10:16 AM
Yes even 1l are the same price around 25-40 depending on make

bakerboy83
27-04-14, 10:21 AM
Cool thanks for that !!!!