PDA

View Full Version : Distributor...

F88GTEMAPPY
27-04-14, 12:56 AM
I've now got another nova...bought it as a non runner! Had a few hours playing about with it and got it running...but it's firing at the wrong time due to the rotor arm having play in the bushes, so I've temporarily fixed the bushes in place (insulation tape) and advanced the timing on the dizzy. Also adjusted the tick over and now it's running but stil slightly mis-firing because it's missing the timing advance because I've held the bushes in place! This is a 'pointless' distributor apparently because it's doesn't use points...

The engine is a 12st (1983-1989) and is a carb type engine! It's a 1.2 8valve OHC pushrod engine! The ignition coil has a four pin plug which slots onto the four spade ends on the coil but one space is not used...from the loom there's a black wire which runs into the plug and a thicker black wire and a thick red wire from the plug into the dizzy...

i need the dizzy and the wiring that goes from the dizzy to the coil plug and also the distributor vacuum the is on the main body of the dizzy ..

anyone understand me on this?

cheers. Mappy!

dgbnova#1
27-04-14, 07:44 AM
On the plug bottom Lh terminal is for a rev counter that's why it's not used

don't think it's a push rod engine as there ohv not ohc bit confusing that bit
i will check I may have one I will get back to you if i have

F88GTEMAPPY
27-04-14, 11:13 AM
Thanks a lot mate, yea have a look and let us know...can collect if need to

dgbnova#1
27-04-14, 11:23 AM