PDA

View Full Version : White SR for sale on ebay and autotrader

DAFTJOHN
22-04-14, 03:41 PM
Was it someone's off here? Can see a png sticker in the window and a png keyring. Looks clean.

Novasport
22-04-14, 04:13 PM
It was a while ago then sold to a guy local to me. I made him an offer for it recently as it needs some work but the guy had a better offer from the dealer saying he wanted to keep it for his son as his first car. He must have kept it for all of 24 hours then whacked it on ebay for nearly double what he paid.
The boot floor corners are starting to come through. The bottoms of the doors are going on the seams. The engine bay has been plated on both sides, and not very well. The drivers rear arch has been bodged and it is rammed full of filler which has started to crack. Vinyl sections are actually painted so not sure what that is hiding and it has non gen wings that do not fit very well.

DAFTJOHN
22-04-14, 04:16 PM
That was my worry, i'm not getting into a resto again...easily end up spending double again. Inner wings don't come along too often to sort the plating out.

scott.parker
22-04-14, 04:28 PM
It was a while ago then sold to a guy local to me. I made him an offer for it recently as it needs some work but the guy had a better offer from the dealer saying he wanted to keep it for his son as his first car. He must have kept it for all of 24 hours then whacked it on ebay for nearly double what he paid.
The boot floor corners are starting to come through. The bottoms of the doors are going on the seams. The engine bay has been plated on both sides, and not very well. The drivers rear arch has been bodged and it is rammed full of filler which has started to crack. Vinyl sections are actually painted so not sure what that is hiding and it has non gen wings that do not fit very well.

Now..... Ritch, your eith playing us all so you get another immaculate nova in your fleet, or you have just done me a massive favour and save me an hours drive and a lot of hassle....

So which one is it? lol

Novasport
22-04-14, 05:25 PM
The latter. It is a bit of a dog. I offered him £1500 and that was a bit too much for my liking and he said no. Wasnt even going to try and bargain with him. I have never seen so much filler in a rear arch, it was full of it.

scott.parker
22-04-14, 06:23 PM
Well, cheers then dude, as I'd been in contact with the seller to get better det ailed pictures, he was reluctant to send them over, so now i know why, ah well..

Sr rep mine it is then..

Nova00
22-04-14, 06:35 PM
Reading this I now understand the comment of relief by the long time owner /seller on facebook in March