PDA

View Full Version : Quick release bumper?

bazzap8389
17-04-14, 10:27 PM
I'm wondering if any of you lot have a quick release front bumper? The street where my car is kept has speed bumps on it and I'm not prepared to break my bumper so need to use something so it can be whipped off in no time. I was thinking about aero catches or something for the front but what can I use for the sides? Any ideas?

Cheers

Peredur
17-04-14, 10:28 PM
I'd use Dzus fastners all round, that's what'll be holding my bumper on eventually.

chris gsi
17-04-14, 10:55 PM
i removed the metal bar behind the bumper and fitted bonnet pins to the old l shaped brackets that go in the front of the car and left them bolted to the car and used the standard side mounts on the wings to hold the sides, only took a few seconds to remove and fit the bumper

bazzap8389
17-04-14, 11:11 PM
I've googled that dzus fasteners, what ones would I need? Seems to be a few different types etc cheers

i can't use the standard side mounting bits as my bumper doesn't have any mounts on it . I'm wanting something that doesn't look out of olace really.

dgbnova#1
17-04-14, 11:57 PM
For the sides you can use the fasteners but bond u shape steel plate to the inside of the bumper and fix it through the wings so not on show

the front make brackets with pins facing down similar to the grill pins that will hold it up and then just some restrain clips at the bottom to hold it down going to be a lot of messing about tbh I would get a fiberglass one to work it out with then have a go on the carbon one think 8valvecraig may have one for sale or use a standard mk2 bumper for the top and sides would not want to be chopping nothing till you 100%
failing that get That digger from your work and remove the humps lol

bazzap8389
18-04-14, 06:30 PM
Just realised I put this in the wrong section.

Not too sure what you mean Dave, why would I need to make brackets for the front? Would I not just bolt it through onto the bumper bar? Cheers

digger is gone now lol and far too many speed bumps to rip up lol

dgbnova#1
18-04-14, 09:29 PM
Think if it was me id not want to be bolting through if Possable so brackets on the top to sit the bumper in save having to bolt through