PDA

View Full Version : No Bulkhead and keeping twin wipers... HELP?

elgan
16-04-14, 10:40 PM
Firewalls been cut out completely

Car has standard twin wipers and motor mounted to an untidy ally bracket

Any neat ways of going about this?

Thought about mounting the motor internally but i dont think the linkage will work

Any thoughts welcome

dgbnova#1
16-04-14, 10:59 PM
I have seen a strut brace with wiper mounted to it somewhere no idea where though sorry

Benn
17-04-14, 09:18 AM
It's a nightmare. I'd say a nicely mounted bracket would be best/easiest.
I've seen them mounted front inside the car, under the dash. Tricky to do, but might work, i'll find pics when home.

elgan
18-04-14, 04:23 PM
any more on this benn? something i need to address in the coming weeks

Benn
19-04-14, 12:20 PM
Sorry dude, i'll find the pic later,

I make up a bracket to hold my motor and do the wipers.

scott.parker
19-04-14, 02:31 PM
Elgan, i noticed your comment on Richards thread, i believe what he has done is mount the standard wiper motor on the inside of the car to the back side of the bulkhead, brilliant idea imo..

marc69
19-04-14, 09:04 PM
I haven't seen your set up but I bought a car with no firewall or wipers. I got a corsa b set up and used to bolts to hold it in place, does the job fine.

elgan
19-04-14, 09:19 PM
i cant see the method on that van being so easy as the bulkhead is double skinned with a bar that runs the width of the dash?

i seen a corsa b set up on a nova last night. have you got a photo of yours marc?

dgbnova#1
19-04-14, 09:23 PM
I've got a Corsa b setup here if that's what you want to use I looked at standard setup today a little bit if metal folding would make a bracket easy for it to mount I'd think

Benn
20-04-14, 09:07 AM
I had a Corsa set up, hated it. Found the wipe crap, everythings at the wrong angle and found at speed the wiper arms lifted of the screen

mowgli
20-04-14, 10:53 AM
it is hardly difficult to shorten or lengthen the original link. so you should be able to place the wiper motor anywhere as long as it has a straight path to the rest of the linkage, as the 'stroke' of the link won't alter.

Benn
20-04-14, 10:09 PM
Bugger can't find the pics... Well found this one.

http://members.quicknet.nl/cw.jelsma/Corsa%20(41).JPG

http://members.quicknet.nl/cw.jelsma/Corsa%20(69).JPG

scott.parker
20-04-14, 10:28 PM
Can you not fabricat another mount from steel and then find a place to mount it, eg: one mounted in line with standard locationbut on the bulk under scutt, or make one to mount under scuttle? Either way you'll probably want to create a plastic cover to place under the scuttle directly above the motor and use gasket seal on the joint to protect it from water damage.

elgan
20-04-14, 10:52 PM
i came across this one on google benn.

its a LHD nova i think

looks like ill need to hack into the cross member double skin on the inside behind the dash to get the motor to mount against the bulkhead though

marc69
20-04-14, 10:53 PM
Sorry I have been away at Knockhill all day, I shoudl have pics somewhere, someone mentioned that the wiping is not good. YOu have to then bend the wiper arms to the correct angle, they are sp strong you'll probably only need 2 fingers. Once it is set up the corsa mechanisim is far better than the Novas one. You will see the one screw that shows abve the grill at the windscreen but I am sure taht with more effort something could be done to disguise it. I just wanted it practically to work for the track at the time. http://i988.photobucket.com/albums/af5/69marc/Photo297.jpg
i cant see the method on that van being so easy as the bulkhead is double skinned with a bar that runs the width of the dash?

i seen a corsa b set up on a nova last night. have you got a photo of yours marc?

dgbnova#1
20-04-14, 11:08 PM
i came across this one on google benn.

its a LHD nova i think

looks like ill need to hack into the cross member double skin on the inside behind the dash to get the motor to mount against the bulkhead though

Re this ^ why not make a nice SS plate up for the engine bay and mount it on the outside and bolt through that and tiger seal the plate to the shell ?

Benn
21-04-14, 06:29 PM
Unless you mount it under the dash, so the shaft stickes up through the base of the scuttle tray. Then you will just need to bend the linkage bar down to the base, that should work....