PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here, can anyone help with digidash question

Mr Big
10-09-03, 11:03 AM
Hiya all -- New to this forum.

Have a 1.2 carb early shape Nova, and have access to GTE so can get all bits required for digidash. I've heard its more of a job to put into an early dash but having not looked properley yet dont know why? - Can anyone tell me or easy shortcuts.

Also the dash wires into ECU but carb dosent have this - will it still work properley or not, if it does will there be warning lights etc.

Any help much appreciated

Cheers :)

Alex
10-09-03, 11:05 AM
www.vauxnova.co.uk
the fitting guide is on there

Mr Big
10-09-03, 11:10 AM
Cheers for that -- have already dropped them mail as they seem to talk about injection cars -- so need to know if it can be done on carb or if anyone has done it here.

Alex
10-09-03, 11:19 AM
it can be done on a carb. the only thing that will be different is that you will not have the engine managment light linked up, as you wont have one. wont affect the dash in any way. The main problem you are gonna have is fitting it into a mk1 dashboard.

Mr Big
10-09-03, 11:28 AM
So all I have to do in the engine bay is make sure that the sender is the right one?

Have you done this mod then

Alex
10-09-03, 11:32 AM
its is almost the same process for injection and carb. all you have to do under the bonnet is remove the large speedo cable and replace it with the astra transducer

Mr Big
10-09-03, 11:33 AM
Excellent --- Some peepe might not think its worth it on a std. nova but when its practically free it'd be rude not too :lol: