PDA

View Full Version : How to fit a switch for my Horn...

Neil.
10-09-03, 03:36 AM
I wanna wire a button/switch for my horn, where would i find the possitive and negative for my horn? i can see them from the horn itself but where about are they near the stearing wheel? or anyone got a good idea of how to do this? new stearing wheel dont let me use the on-wheel horn.

Mark
10-09-03, 07:50 AM
What steering wheel you got NOva??

pete22
10-09-03, 11:57 PM
u will find the live behind the wheel u need to remove the surround and it is on like a pin then just find a good earth on the body somewhere close by

Neil.
15-09-03, 01:19 AM
cheers pete, cossanova its a ?40 from demond tweeks, y u ask?

Mark
15-09-03, 07:46 AM
Some come with plates to adapte the horn, some you can buy one....?40 sounds like Mountney??

Neil.
17-09-03, 06:37 PM
mines got a horn push, just wired it up, hopefully it'll work, might get probs wen i turn wheel a few time round tho.

Gazza14SR
18-09-03, 02:07 AM
i remember when i fitted my new momo wheel and that had a horn push on it, as i was in a rush i didnt bother wiring it up to it (was at college) and just fitted the wheel.

Only problem was that id not taped off the end of the wiring for the horn and when i started the car up the horn was constantly on! Scared the crap outta me as i wasnt expecting it!

Mark
18-09-03, 07:39 AM
Scared the crap outta me as i wasnt expecting it!

Yeah funny ain't it....lol - Fitted hydraulic handbrake to rally car, in a hurry to test so left the electrical connector off, going down the road with a complete new brake setup and the connector keeps touching the floor and the brake warning light on the dash keeps popping up, crapping ourselves thinking something on the brakes is screwed untill I remember about the loose wire!!! lolol