PDA

View Full Version : Digi dash in a mk1 dash

conza123
13-04-14, 05:49 PM
How hard is it and how we'll does it fit

Southie
13-04-14, 06:18 PM
How hard is it and how we'll does it fit
Its a ballache to do, requires loads of cutting and trimming. Peesters is probably one of the better ones.
http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?82994-Peesters-Little-Project-My-return-to-novaism-(Lots-of-pics)/page9&highlight=peester

if your doing it I'd get yourself another dash to work on in case you mess up ;)

conza123
13-04-14, 06:22 PM
What a pain lol mite have to borrow Liam's clocks and see how far they are 1st before I by some

Southie
13-04-14, 06:27 PM
I was going to do it on my old one, I even had the inner cowling from a GTE to try and make it fit but had a look into it and thought standard SR 6 dials looked more in keeping... Your should stay as traditional as possible or you'll regret doing it ;)

dgbnova#1
13-04-14, 06:38 PM
^ as said most regret it it's more for the bigger motors newer ones that cAnnot run cable IMO and unless your handy with the tools it can end in tears mk2 far easyer to do plus if you f up it's only a throw away bit to replace to far on a mk1 dash and it's I'm the bin

you need to remove and fit trimit, re fit trim again on and on till it's right then when you re fit it properly prob needs doing more lol looks trick if u got the time and motivation

conza123
13-04-14, 06:47 PM
I was going to do it on my old one, I even had the inner cowling from a GTE to try and make it fit but had a look into it and thought standard SR 6 dials looked more in keeping... Your should stay as traditional as possible or you'll regret doing it ;)

Just I prefer digital dash but I prefer mk1 dash lol, and this is on my new project not the sr ;)

dgbnova#1
13-04-14, 06:57 PM
Then how I'd do it make a card template of your mk1 dash use the sr make it a nice fit either the clocks removed if poss on ether car then transfer they to the digi clock removed and set it so it's as close as possable scribe the clock face onto the mk1 template, cut it with scissors till it fits the clocks nice then return it to the dash and mark the dash to trim off I would mask the whole dash opening area just don't file the edge at the front that's when you see it's been cut just take your time

dgbnova#1
13-04-14, 06:58 PM
What other project ?

conza123
13-04-14, 07:33 PM
What other project ?
Are you on Facebook as can't get pics on here at the moment as upgraded to a iPadiPad

Southie
13-04-14, 07:35 PM
Are you on Facebook as can't get pics on here at the moment as upgraded to a iPadiPad
Download the photobucket app for the iPad, that's if you usually use it for pictures.

conza123
13-04-14, 07:39 PM
Download the photobucket app for the iPad, that's if you usually use it for pictures.
Nope I use to use Facebook just right click on and photo and copy photo link and past in add pic lol, how do I use photo bucket then

brainsnova
13-04-14, 10:20 PM
I done a bit like dgb said, I used the the Astra surround as I quick template and once the digi dash could be offered up close I scribed round it for a perfect fit and the heater ducting moulded on the dash needs modified

Southie
13-04-14, 10:35 PM
Nope I use to use Facebook just right click on and photo and copy photo link and past in add pic lol, how do I use photo bucket then
Just download the app, once installed upload your photos from your account and use the [IMG] option.
Youll need to upload the photos from your computer if you've not take the pictures on your iPad to the account ;)

conza123
13-04-14, 10:38 PM
Just download the app, once installed upload your photos from your account and use the [IMG] option.
Youll need to upload the photos from your computer if you've not take the pictures on your iPad to the account ;)
I worked it but thank you anyway :)

Southie
13-04-14, 10:41 PM
No worries ;)

NovalutionGSi
03-11-14, 10:15 AM
Time for a thread revival!

How did you get on fitted the clocks? This is something I'm looking at for the Sting, however, last time in the GSi with its mk2 dash that was simple!
I have 2 Digi clocks to play with, but everything seems to point to cutting the dash rather than trimming down the Digi clocks. they do not look that much larger so might have a go at reducing down the set that are at 190k rather than butcher the 69k set to start with. If it doesn't work then I might go hunting for a set of 6 dial clocks as I'd rather not cut the dash.