PDA

View Full Version : Genuine wing stamps?

Subtle modder
04-04-14, 08:38 AM
Hi looking at Wings for my Corsa A and finding quite a few but on the cheaper end the people dont know wether genuine or not, i assumed they would be Vauxhall/Opel stamped on the wing inner seam shut edge like the Pugs/Rens im used to dealing with but having just checked this on the ones on the car (original) i couldnt see anything noticeable

I can tell copys on the car, the fitements usually shocking and the edges are always sharper and more pointy on the corners but describing this or assesing it from pics is hard lol:roll:

Cheers in advance

Wayne

Novasport
04-04-14, 10:27 AM
On genuine wings there are three digits stamped into the gutter area where the wing bolts go

dgbnova#1
04-04-14, 10:48 AM
I have genuine mk1 wings here and I'm heading down the m6 tomorrow so could prob deliver if you pm your details

Benn
04-04-14, 12:06 PM
Patton wings will fit, they'll just need a gig and a poke.

Subtle modder
04-04-14, 12:26 PM
Thankyou Novasport, shall have a look at weekend :D

I agree Benn to an extent, indeed when i ran my own bodyshop i HAD to fit copys sometimes, Hadrian wings on Minis rather than Herritage etc but i find Genuine wings second hand in general age better than pattern ones, that and the two pattern wings i have (which must have been a real budget make when new) are susbstantially thinner/lighter :-/ which is why theyre not going on :lol:

Wayne

Benn
04-04-14, 03:29 PM
Yeah metal can be thinner in some of these newer pattern ones.