PDA

View Full Version : Vauxhall nova side skirt help!!

Vauxhall-Man-Ash
31-03-14, 10:41 PM
Hello guys/gals I'm just wondering what material the genuine sideskirts are made out of as I have found a fibreglass set of sideskirts at a steal price in white primer, has anybody ever had fibreglass side skirts before and is there any bad reviews about them before I consider purchasing them???

brainsnova
31-03-14, 10:44 PM
Genuine ones are made from plastic

Vauxhall-Man-Ash
31-03-14, 10:50 PM
What would you suggest mate, they're up at £50.00 is that worth it for a fibreglass set or is that possibly abit to much considering you can most likely get genuine ones cheaper then that

brainsnova
31-03-14, 10:56 PM
I would get a good condition genuine set and the thing was back in the day at vauxhall they were £60 for both sides

Vauxhall-Man-Ash
31-03-14, 10:59 PM
Now that's a bargain :) I need a set preferably in Anthacite grey or something other in grey colour before Castle Combe on 26th of April :)

craig green
31-03-14, 11:04 PM
The fibreglass ones are for rallying, probably lighter but ultimately a lot cheaper as they get battered & need replacing. It's highly likely the fibreglass ones are pretty rough & not a good finish. They wont clip on either so you'd need to bond them on. I've seen rally cars with rows of self tappers holding them in place. OK on a forest basher but not when you want them for aesthetic purposes.

Source the 4 individual OEM parts 2nd hand & have them re-painted would be my advice.